State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Missouri now permitless carry After 1 Jan 2017

(1/2) > >>

Clarence:
This week by a wide margin, both chambers of the state legislature have voted to override Governor Nixon's veto of a "constitutional carry" bill that had passed this summer

Missouri will now join 11 other states that will no longer require a license or permit to carry a firearm concealed or open.

Of course the media is shrieking about how dangerous this is and foretelling the tired and worn out warnings of shootouts at every intersection , Wild West, and OK corral.  

Never mentioned of course how this has not come to pass in any of these states that have removed this requirement beginning in 2003. ( Vermont, that incredibly dangerous place has NEVER required a permission slip for open or concealed carry)

Adrenolin:
I said last year this was going to happen and glad to see those states changing. It is a constitutional right regardless of how modern day courts decide to read into that and I've often thought the permit bit was crazy. While I believe people should have some training I believe it should be on that person to do so, not ordered mandatory by the government. I fully support this and firmly believe this is a Good Thing.

Cbmarine:
Constitutional Carry law effective 1 Jan 2017

RetCapt1994:
This is a great trend and great for the good citizens of Missouri.  We know that this will never happen in DE until the DemoRATS are voted out. We also have to be real and know that this will never happen.

Paladin4CA:
FWIW Sununu, who's running for NH governor, says on his website that he'll sign ConCarry. So, if he wins in Nov, NH will most likely go permitless in 2017 and there will be a solid block of "green" in the NE: VT, NH and ME.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version