Author Topic: Lancaster County trip  (Read 5130 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Lancaster County trip
« on: September 13, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »
Took a ride today and wound up about 15-20 minutes from Lancaster County court house it seems in Buck, PA. Nice ride from Middletown up Route 301 & 896 to UofD, cutting west along 273 through MD  :o then north into PA on 272. Figure I'll leave a bit earlier and ride back up later this week for my permit.. Wed or Thu likely. Never bothered with it since I'm never in PA but see a number of events and activities where I'll be up there next year.

1. Didn't find an application on the Lancaster site.. I'm guessing the form from Delaware County works? Looks simple enough.
http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/gunpermitapp.pdf
2. My inkjet seems to be out of ink.. gasp!  ::) Do they have a copier available to make copies of my cards?

So.. Filled out application, $20 bill, DE drivers license, DE CCDW permit and Immigration Card in my case. That's it?

Andrew1986

Re: Lancaster County trip
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 02:38:51 PM »
The DE county application is fine. All copies of identification you list are good but bring them with you in case they want to make their own copies. Which they did in my case when I went on 8/19/16.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »
Yeah I always carry them with me.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »
They will give you an application there.  The form is still showing 2 references but that I believe is not required per a court case. I would have 2 names and phone numbers just in case.

Here is the application and a secondary form that LanCo has you fill out.
http://web.co.lancaster.pa.us/DocumentCenter/View/683
Also this:
http://web.co.lancaster.pa.us/DocumentCenter/View/682
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:42:25 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 11:13:43 PM »
Just a reminder. Although the applications are available on-line, and it's a good idea to fill them out in advance, you must sign them in front of the the clerk in the Sheriff's Office. They will not accept pre-signed applications. Same goes for Delaware.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Andrew1986

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »
^^^ forgot that part and yes this is correct.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »
Ok so everyone is right when they say how nice the folks are up in Lancaster Sheriffs office! ;D

What a beautiful ride it was on Wednesday. Dropped the kid off at the school bus stop and did a few things around the house. At about 10:30am I jumped on the bike for the ride up. I got there and found parking right out front of the building on Duke St. A security guard happened to be walking by heading in and asked about the bike so we walked in together. Went through security with helmet, keys, hydration backpack, bike jacket, Adv boots with metal buckles and eating a snack at at the same time. Dropped everything but snack on belt to go through the scanner. I walked through beeping. He and I never stopped chatting. I showed my boots and the buckles, said later and walked down the hall to the Sheriff office.

Walked in and gave my paperwork, ID and payment to the lady and talked to her for a few minutes. Pleasent and talkative all the staff were. Paperwork took like 2-3 minutes then the background check. Normal one you all get done was like 3 or 4 minutes but I also had to wait on the immigration background check as well so 20 minutes later it passed and I went down the counter and had my photo done. Btw, we're now permitted to smile for them. 😜 Just 60 seconds later I'm passed my PA permit and everyone said have a nice day as I'm leaving! Like WOW What a great place! Lol

Heading out the guard started talking to me again for a few minutes before I had to leave. Made the ride back home to pickup my son at the bus stop with about 3 minutes to spare! 😄

Likely drive back up soon with the wife so she can get hers also.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:33:52 PM by Adrenolin »

topper

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
I went up to Lancaster Wednesday of this week. Before I went, I was able to download and fill in most of the info while on my computer so it would look neat and pretty. I'd made a copy of my DE CCW, but they didn't use it. They wanted to make their own copy. Also they didn't need the two references.

I walked into the Sheriff's office at 11:01, and walked out at 11:15. I didn't know Government offices could be like that. Efficient and friendly! Wow!

A friend recommended I stop by Shady Maple Buffet on the way home, so I stopped in and had a great lunch. They have the biggest gift shop I've ever seen. Then a stop at Target Shooting Solutions in Avondale, PA.

The drive was nice as long as you're not in a hurry and don't mind getting stuck behind an Amish buggy. I took my wife's car, but wish I'd taken my jeep with the top down. I left from New Castle Airport but I believe it would be an hour and half drive from Middletown.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 01:02:05 PM »
Yup.. Up 301, over the bridge to 40 and head west to 273? and just ride north. About 1 hour and 40 minutes in all coming from the other side of Odessa where I live. I'm a fairly cautious rider on the street so just cruise along with traffic. This little 250cc bike will still do 85mph in 6th gear all day, though at 11,000 RPMs! I call her Buzzy when on the highways lol. 55-65 is a nice comfortable speed for me most of the time.

I was talking to 2 of the girls there and they said Mon-Thr they processes anywhere from 75-100 CC Permits daily and Fridays are usually busiest at 100-150 at times. Like this every single week and one said its been that way for years! That's a LOT of permit holders. They didn't stop coming in and going out while I was there.

I unfortunately had no time to stop this trip as I had to pickup my son from school at the bus stop and just made it!

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »
I had gone up on a Monday to get mine and just flew through. We decided to stop at Wesley's for lunch on the way back. While waiting for our food I took my permit out to look at it. There it was, saying Middletown, PA instead of Middletown, DE.  >:( So i called the Sheriff's office when we got home and explained the error.  ::) They pulled it up on their computer and saw it too. They asked if I was going to be back in Lancaster any time soon, and I said I hadn't planned on it but I would if I had to. They said just drop it in the mail to them and they would send a new permit when they received the old one. Got it put out for themailman that afternoon and had my new permit by Friday.  ;D I learned to always check it before you leave the Sheriff's office.  8)
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »
That's great that they did that for you.