Author Topic: Boy oh Boy  (Read 4183 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Boy oh Boy
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »
Picked up a gun magazine and they sure do cater to the 1911's a lot. i love mine but seems like every other ad has something to do with one
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: Boy oh Boy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »
Wait until Glock comes out with theirs.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 01:04:53 PM »
that sure isn't a carry gun

NRA Member

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »
Picked up a gun magazine and they sure do cater to the 1911's a lot. i love mine but seems like every other ad has something to do with one

There is a reason for that,  1911s are awesome!

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »
they sure are

[attachment deleted by admin]

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »
just bada**

[attachment deleted by admin]

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 11:17:25 PM »
I shot and had a .45 cal 1911 in the service It was a good gun, but prefer the more modern smaller .45's now. But I still carry a 9MM everyday.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »
I agree.. I enjoy shooting the 1911 and it makes a fine range or home defense firearm. For carry however I'd recommend something more modern, lighter, higher capacity and yet just as or more reliable. Walther, Sig, H&K, S&W, Glock, etc would all be great choices.

Buy something that's been out awhile so you'll know if there are issues by letting others find them. Look at round counts by professional and teams who shoot them and if parts wear out.

My primary CCDW is the Classic Walther PPQ in 9mm with the paddle mag release. With it's popularity here in the US Walther brought out the PPQ M2 version with the standard Americanized thumb button mag release as well. Numerous law enforcement, military, special forces, etc worldwide use this firearm. One of Germany's shooting teams have round counts of over 100,000 rounds through the PPQ without any replacement parts aside from the guide rods which can be replaced by stainless steel aftermarket once if one so determines they need to. I have well over 10,000 rounds (I stopped counting) through the one I carry everyday and it functions like new, shows very little wear and has all the stock parts except for sights. Don't know about you but that's what I call dependable.

I'm not saying the PPQ is the greatest thing out there but instead just using it as an example of a very fine firearm. Most proven modern day firearms are just as reliable if not more so then the 1911 and pretty much equal to each other.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 10:16:08 PM »
I shot my Springfield 1911 45 yesterday and that thing is a monster . Shoots real nice but it is heavy and with only 7 shots per mag i may only carry it once in a while. So for now until i get something else i will carry my S&W SD9VE. But while at the range i put my hands on a Springfield XD M Competition 9mm with the 5.25 barrel. That felt really nice in my hand, and although it was priced a little high at SC, i know Chris has it for a better price, but still looking

NRA Member