Author Topic: looking for another 9mm  (Read 18460 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Re: looking for another 9mm
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 02:10:21 PM »
what does the de- cocker button really do. watched it on a video, but it never really explained it's purpose. i like the looks of the PPQ M2 because of the longer grip. That it one of my biggest issues with guns is the grip. i'm a diabetic and have neuropathy  in both my hands, so i have grip issues and need a larger or longer grip to hold onto so as when the gun fires it doesn't fly out of my hand. that's why i didn't buy the M&P shield. although a nice gun i would have to keep the extended clip in it to keep it in my hand.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 04:24:42 PM »
Pull the slide back and it's fully cocked with a shorter & lighter (about 4.5lbs) trigger pull. The decocker when pressed on the AS model takes it out to half cocked and also changes the trigger to a heavier 9Lb trigger with a longer pull on the first shot. Both the P99(c) AS are marked as such on the left side of the slide. Lots of people like the decocked mode with longer and heavier trigger pull on first shot for safety.

I figure my finger and a good holster is safety enough and prefer the trigger on the PPQ over the P99 trigger system. The PPQ is simple, light, short, crisp and smooth right out of the box. Every single review will go on about the PPQs fantastic stock trigger. The P99 has a trigger system where you can select from various trigger configurations you want all without taking things apart or using tools. It IS a nice simple system for those who prefer it.

Their is also a P99(c) QA which when decocked drops the striker fully and doesn't allow a shot to be fired until it's racked again. I haven't used or played with one of these myself as most people prefer the AS model over the QA model. Google a couple videos and you'll see the differences for yourself quick enough.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 04:30:43 PM »
As for your hands I know the PPQ comes with 15 round mags but an extended 17+1 is also available which extends the grip a bit more if needed. The Classic paddle PPQ and P99 mags fit each other while the M2 takes a different mag style.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 04:52:12 PM »
that's how they get ya, with like anything else, nothing is compatible .

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 12:31:59 PM »
not sure where this post went astray, but the place to look is Federal.  Talk to Chris, he has it or can get it.  And he will listen to what you want.  302 300-0590
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »
F&N?  Dont have one in 9.  Sure Chris could hook you up.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 01:05:11 PM »
not sure where this post went astray, but the place to look is Federal.  Talk to Chris, he has it or can get it.  And he will listen to what you want.  302 300-0590

have to find what i want first before i have Chris order it. May also wait till Springfield pus their new line out on Nov 1rts

NRA Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 11:53:46 AM »
If you want a 1911 type, how about one by the inventor of both, Browning Hipower.  Yes, it is about the size of a full 1911, but a very nice gun.  Why not go see Chris, he has a lot of stock, and maybe one with your name on it.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
i ave a 1911 already, still just looking around at this point. when i'm ready to buy i will go to Chris. His shop is the only place that i will buy from.

NRA Member

coolwrld

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »
As Adrenolin mentioned I too highly recommend the Walther P99 AS.  I have put 700+ rounds through mine and love it.  Once I get my license (submitted paperwork yesterday) it will be my EDC gun.  I'm sure I will take some heat for this but I personally like the P99 because I can chamber a round and decock the striker prior to holstering the weapon.  Of course the first round fired would be the full trigger length and pull weight which is about 9 pounds I think.  Follow-up shots then use the very short trigger travel distance and reduced weight of only 4.5 pounds.  This is exactly how I train at the range first round is decocked with 2 follow-up regular shots.  The other nice thing about the P99 is it has a very short trigger reset for the follow-up shots.

Maybe at some point after I have been carrying for a while I will get more comfortable with a round chambered and a lighter trigger pull at which point I will either stop decocking the P99 before holstering or possibly even start carrying my HK VP9 which is also one of my favorite guns.

Another possible option would be the Sig P320.  My friend recently purchased one from Chris and he loves it.  I also had an opportunity to rent a P320 recently and have to say the trigger feel and reset reminds me a lot of the P99.  The other nice thing about the P320 is being able to change out the caliber and or frame size without having to purchase through FFL (sorry Chris).  I plan at adding a P320 and possibly a FN FNX 45 to the mix at some point.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »
i already have a S&W SD9VE. I love it, but just want another as having something else to carry. Got the bug for guns and can always use nother. am leaning toward a Springfield XD mod 2 four inch service model. just like the way it felt in my hands, plus i like the idea of a safety and i like the one in the dovetail. plus i'm a lefty and it has an ambi mag release.

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 11:06:46 PM »
I've been using and carrying this Ruger SR9 for years. I have no problem concealing it. It is very accurate and balanced. It holds 17+1 rounds. If you want something smaller, I'd recommend the SR9C little brother version. It holds 6+1 I believe. But I still prefer the regular SR9. I       have 2/ 17 round mags and two 10 round mags. All together I can carry 55 rounds if need be.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »
I've been using and carrying this Ruger SR9 for years. I have no problem concealing it. It is very accurate and balanced. It holds 17+1 rounds. If you want something smaller, I'd recommend the SR9C little brother version. It holds 6+1 I believe. But I still prefer the regular SR9. I       have 2/ 17 round mags and two 10 round mags. All together I can carry 55 rounds if need be.
Saw the SR9 at a show, it looks bada$$ and felt good in my hand. How much was it

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »
Have you actually fired anything aside from that SD9VE? Of the Walthers, Rugers, CZs, S&Ws, SIGs and Glock (argh Yes I caved and bought one) the SD9VE and SW9VE have gotta be the most unimpressive plastic handguns I have owned... well after the Hi-Point JMP 45s that is. Those are just plain unwieldy.

If you like it that's all that counts and what I think certainly doesn't however what other handguns have you fired?

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »
Good morning Freakshow,

Have you gone to Shooters Choice in Dover and looked at any of their used/new guns not to buy but at least to handle.
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think they let you fire their used handguns.
Just my thought maybe you'll find something that way or point you in the right direction.
I was looking at a Ruger LC9S at Shooters a couple years ago but after picking up the M&P Shield I loved the way that felt in my hands better then the Ruger and I went with the shield.
I may change EDC in the future but touching and feeling helped me out in that case.
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association