Author Topic: New holster...almost!  (Read 3722 times)

Sinker

New holster...almost!
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »
After much review-reading and virtual comparison shopping (it's how I roll), I finally decided to go with the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0, only to find their web page is down! (insert sad trombone sound here)  Their is recent activity on their Facebook page, so I'm hopeful it's a brief and temporary problem.

FreakShow

• Life Member
Re: New holster...almost!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
i just bought the OWB from them with the interchangeable shells so you can use different guns without having to keep buying holsters. each shell is 13 bucks. i have one for my SD9VE and the 1911
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

j0e

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
Their page looks to be working today.
I'm planning to get a couple from them once my permit arrives.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 03:03:38 PM »
The shells are interchangeable, so you can buy one holster and buy different shells or each gun.

NRA Member

Andrew1986

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:15:00 PM »
I have the cloak tuck 3.0 for my Glock 43 I love it.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

8thFA

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
I have a 3.0 cloak tuck for my summer carry (my lc380) and love it.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Sinker

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »
Thanks all; got my order placed yesterday for a Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB and a Cloak Slide OWB.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 11:23:04 AM »
one of each

NRA Member

newguy

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 09:25:57 AM »
Alien Gear seems to be pretty popular.  I haven't tried them, but I do like hybrid style holsters.  It looks like, with the soft material, they are probably very comfortable holsters.  I'll probably have to give one a try myself.  Please check in to let us know what you think.

Sinker

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
So far, so good with the Alien Gear holsters.  I've lost some weight over the past year and went down a pant size, but need to use the old size to accommodate their IWB (Cloak Tuck 3.0).  The holster works well and is very secure and fairly comfortable.  I've only had my permit a few weeks, and since I can't have a firearm on the property at work I've only carried a few times; but so far so good.  FYI:  I'm carrying a S&W CS9.  They don't make a holster specifically for that model, but based on their recommendation I went with one designed for a 3913, and it fits fine.  They've got a 30 day return policy, so really no risk. 

The Cloak Slide (OWB) is also good, but it feels a little less secure.  Not saying it IS less secure, just my impression.  I'm thinking of getting something with some type of retention system (Blackhawk Serpa?).

Another thing I've learned;  I thought I would want to carry at 3 o'clock, but even with the IWB I feel like I print pretty significantly.  My pistol is much less noticeable at 4:30.