Author Topic: Dover NASCAR  (Read 5368 times)

topper

Dover NASCAR
« on: October 02, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
I went to the NASCAR race today. (Free tickets.) I didn't carry, and I didn't see any signs, but they did have security at the entrances which I expected. They asked me if I had any metal/cell phone/knives in my pocket. I said I do have a phone and a Swiss army knife. (I wanted a knife and a beer opener.) They said ok then I stepped up to the guy with the magic wand. I held up my Swiss army knife, and when he was about to wave the wand, I remembered I had a Gerber pocket knife still in my pocket. I didn't say anything and I let the guy finish with the wand, and then he said "Ok...enjoy the race".

That magic wand wasn't very magical.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Dover NASCAR
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 09:25:23 PM »
Just out of curiosity looked up their policies.  With their magic wand not being so magical I wonder how many other knives or firearms have made it past their gates.

YOU MAY NOT enter the Grandstands with ANY or the following:

Any bag, backpack or container larger than described above
Beverage tubes larger than 14″
Glass containers
Knives or firearms
Umbrellas
Strollers
Fireworks
Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
Laser lights and pointers
Pets (except trained service animals that are leashed at all times
Items that obstruct views
Any other item the Dover International Speedway deems to be a safety or health risk
NO items may be left at the gate.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

topper

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 10:52:20 PM »
Just out of curiosity looked up their policies.  With their magic wand not being so magical I wonder how many other knives or firearms have made it past their gates.

YOU MAY NOT enter the Grandstands with ANY or the following:

Any bag, backpack or container larger than described above
Beverage tubes larger than 14″
Glass containers
Knives or firearms
Umbrellas
Strollers
Fireworks
Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
Laser lights and pointers
Pets (except trained service animals that are leashed at all times
Items that obstruct views
Any other item the Dover International Speedway deems to be a safety or health risk
NO items may be left at the gate.

Interesting.

When I told them "Swiss army Knife", the 2 girls smiled and looked at each other and the one said to the other..."that's what I was trying to tell you about...I couldn't remember the name. Those are ok."

So I guess certain knives are ok. I wonder if that applies to firearms also?

"A Glock 26? That's the one I was trying to tell you about...I couldn't remember the name. Those are ok."

Any other item the Dover International Speedway deems to be a safety or health risk is my favorite catch-all.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:27:51 AM »
I bet there where more than a few firearms there. After all...it's NASCAR. I don't mean that as a derogatory comment. Just sayin...

Sinker

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
I competed in the Senior Olympics Time Trial (bicycle) at DD last week.  I left my pistol secured in my vehicle... I was wearing spandex after all.