Author Topic: AR 10 question  (Read 6490 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
AR 10 question
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »
Got a buddy looking for an AR 10 in a 308 cal. i don't know jack squat about them, who makes a good one and what do the g for. i tried to recommend him to Chris, but he's one of those guys that needs to hear a price before he goes somewhere.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: AR 10 question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:13:13 AM »
The Ruger SR-762 is a fine 308. The early models had an issue but Rugers spectacular service looked after those and the newer runs since a year and a half ago don't have any issues.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
my buddy is way into them but never gave me an exact model to look for. i'm new to all this but i guess h thought i would know what he was talking about. i was just nodding my head, un huh, un huh..Thank you my friend. i will look it up and give a price and see what he thinks

looked on Federal, not one listed.. bummer
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:47:02 PM by FreakShow »

NRA Member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 03:39:05 PM »
my buddy is way into them but never gave me an exact model to look for. i'm new to all this but i guess h thought i would know what he was talking about. i was just nodding my head, un huh, un huh..Thank you my friend. i will look it up and give a price and see what he thinks

looked on Federal, not one listed.. bummer
Even if Chris doesn't have something, he can get it.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »
i'm just looking for a price. don't wan to tell him to look  for it without knowing if my buddy will order. it.. i'm just trying to get him to go to Federal, but some people think the world of cabela's.. and i guess it's good for other stuff, but they can't be the prices at Federal.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:52:47 PM by FreakShow »

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:37:39 AM »
The Ruger SR-762 will run about $1700 online give or take plus shipping usually and then the FFL charge for Chris or whomever. An AR10 can be had for 1k-3k and above. When I was looking it came down to the Ruger or the SIG. The reviews, price, Rugers warranty, the way they handled an issue in early runs, etc all pointed towards the Ruger.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »
If your friend is worried about the budget, why not buy an AR-10 lower and build one.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »
he's not worried about the bugget, he just wants the best price. owns his own masonry company, he built the cheddar's is camden

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »
Not worried about a budget yet wants the best price...  ::)

HE has to decide what he wants and that includes buying something complete or a lower and parts to assemble. Best price for what? A cheap AR10 build some company puts together for a lowest of low price or a top of the line build with quality parts? Does he want a manufacturers warranty?

How the H* is he supposed to GET a price BEFORE he goes to a seller? If he were a buddy of mine I'd smack him up side the head and tell him to get off his butt and go visit Chris to get some info, prices and perhaps hold something, Cabela's for the same or visit GunBroker for going prices.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »

I'm going to take a big leap and assume that most Ferrari purchasers are also looking for the best deal -- meaning that they don't want to pay an extra $100K, just because...

And most people have an aversion to blindly walking into a money-spending situation without having an idea on how much that they may need to spend.  I agree that, by now, he should have some kind of idea how much this cost, but -- everyone is different.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »
expect to be 850 and up depending on brand and features......

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 06:33:52 PM »

I'm going to take a big leap and assume that most Ferrari purchasers are also looking for the best deal -- meaning that they don't want to pay an extra $100K, just because...

And most people have an aversion to blindly walking into a money-spending situation without having an idea on how much that they may need to spend.  I agree that, by now, he should have some kind of idea how much this cost, but -- everyone is different.

Yeah but here he can simply walk in without any money in pocket and simply ask for help with what he wants, get prices and perhaps make a contact for himself. Additionally we're not talking an extra $100k here but maybe an extra $100 bucks or so depending on dealer.

My point was he got a few replies and suggestions. One isn't going to get the best price because someone out there will always have a better price. Since we're not talking a huge difference like as in buying a Ferrari he needs to just go out and find something doing some research himself.

Asking here will not get him the best price.