Author Topic: New member from MD  (Read 7753 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: New member from MD
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 12:41:08 PM »
Forget the CB and go ham. CB was my original thought until someone explained how a ham radio is much better. The test is easy enough. Maybe we'll chat on the air someday.

Few of us on here OM.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »
Forget the CB and go ham. CB was my original thought until someone explained how a ham radio is much better. The test is easy enough. Maybe we'll chat on the air someday.

Agreed. You can program your VHF/UHF rig with multiple repeaters and probably find a conversation during the entire commute.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 01:02:48 AM »
Yes, HAM radio is the way to go. I have had my general class license since 1981.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

topper

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 01:52:17 AM »
I live in Middletown. Probably some of the best public schools in the state. It's growing leaps and bounds, and traffic is getting pretty heavy in town. So far I still like it. We do have a Walmart and a very nice movie theater. I've lived in much worse places.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 02:16:23 AM »
Yes, HAM radio is the way to go. I have had my general class license since 1981.

I wonder if we have chatted on the air. Got my Tech in 1987 and General within a year or two after that. Was very active on the .73 repeater during the morning commute.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 12:57:11 AM »

[/quote]

I wonder if we have chatted on the air. Got my Tech in 1987 and General within a year or two after that. Was very active on the .73 repeater during the morning commute.
[/quote]

Probably not as I was in Colorado until 2004.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County