Author Topic: New Guy Here-Waiting For Permit  (Read 6162 times)

Jabroni028

New Guy Here-Waiting For Permit
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »
Well, patience is a virtue I sent the applications and all required materials including my course completion for the CCDW permit on the 15th of September. They cashed my check within a few business days but I am not hedging on a miracle turnaround time. I have been open carrying at home and on my property and it is becoming second nature to carry. Just looking forward to getting the permit and I heard that the process in NCC is getting better so maybe before the new year arises, I may get the permit. Still, I will just assume around March and be pleasantly surprised if it comes before then.

Grettski

Re: New Guy Here-Waiting For Permit
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
Welcome! And congrats on filing! The wait will the hardest part of the process for sure. Use that time to practice at home and get comfortable with your gear. And of course lots of range time. What will your EDC be? Believe it or not, NCC seems to be faster than Kent for the moment. Looks like guys are getting them between 4 and 6 months. Any of that can change in a heart beat tho. Keep your fingers crossed for an early Christmas present.
USAF Retired

Jabroni028

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:20:41 PM »
I have a Taurus 9mm and I think my next gun is probably going to be a .380 for every day carry. I had a .38 for two decades, solely for home protection because I worked in the criminal justice system and sometimes I received threats etc.  This is before they armed us and I have been out of working in the system for a very long time now. I live in Wilmington and although our area tends to be quiet we had someone light up our air conditioner and there was a murder and another incident where someone shot up another person's car.

So, it was time......

Grettski

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:10 PM »
Man I hear ya on how things are going these days. Last Friday we had a dozen shots fired (from 2 different shooters) right behind our house! One of them ditched a gun in my bushes. Didn't sleep well that night at all. And of course I had to get up early and record a band all day Saturday! Lots of coffee.... My wife and I applied in April and are still waiting. Nights like last Friday make me a little hacked that we're still waiting.
USAF Retired

Jabroni028

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 02:31:12 PM »
That's just awful......no morals out there and largely in our area the shooters are teenagers/young adults with no conscience whatsoever. Then they whine when they are doing natural life in the clinker.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
sent mine around the same time, welcome to the club
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 12:38:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

greymas

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 12:49:25 AM »
Welcome. Mine took 5 months to the day. Seems like once I gave up waiting it arrived.

Jabroni028

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »
Rumor has it that they come in about 4 mos if you put everything including your gun safety course certificate at this time but apparently they are flooded with applications so they at the prothonotary say six months.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »
had everything in mine, praying it gets here before(hopefully not) clinton becomes president.

NRA Member

Jabroni028

Beter Predictor of Who Will Be President
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 04:08:10 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/24/political-science-professor-odds-of-president-trump-range-between-97-and-99/

I tend to rely upon professors and the like for good election data personally. This guy's model is pretty accurate, dating 100 years and he was correct except for the Kenedy/Nixon election, one that some feel was rigged anyway so I am not so sure HRC is going to win.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »
let's pray he is right

NRA Member

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Beter Predictor of Who Will Be President
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 12:12:12 AM »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/24/political-science-professor-odds-of-president-trump-range-between-97-and-99/

I tend to rely upon professors and the like for good election data personally. This guy's model is pretty accurate, dating 100 years and he was correct except for the Kenedy/Nixon election, one that some feel was rigged anyway so I am not so sure HRC is going to win.
Has he published a more recent analysis?  This one is 8 months old.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Jabroni028

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »
He wont because everything is based upon trends in the primary elections. Whomever wins the primaries by the larger majority will win the respective state (the degree of lead matters too). What I like about this guy is that the model has been tested for 100 years and just to show that there's zero bias, the guy does not even like trump. This purely his model.... I will take it because after all, is there any real flare for Hillary? From what I understand she's not very popular and no one shows to her rallies.

Model10Todd

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 11:52:17 AM »
Welcome and hope the wait goes quickly.  Stay safe.  Delaware is getting rough all around.
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke