Author Topic: Thinking about a PX4 Compact  (Read 3377 times)

greymas

Thinking about a PX4 Compact
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:53:05 PM »
I'm thinking about a PX4 compact in 9mm. I really want a DA/SA 9mm which is the driving factor. I read MD state police ditched them back in 2012 due to mag base plate working itself loose, but I'm not sure if this was resolved with a locking baseplate I've heard about or if this issue didn't occur on the 9mm. Anyone have a PX4 and have this issue. I'd like to hear any thoughts about the group has regarding this firearm or any DA/SA's worth looking into for CCW

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
Re: Thinking about a PX4 Compact
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:48 AM »
a little thick for cc...might be better off looking at a single stack...a little easier to conceal...

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »
My CC rig is a FN FNX45.  It's DA/SA.  LOVE IT!

Purchased it from Chris.

I know you said 9.  Ask Chris what he has.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
I have the full size and no issues with the base plates. I shoot it a lot. Federal Firearms is right about the thickness of this weapon. Hard to conceal but I like it for home defense. 17 rounds is perfect.

I carry a single stack. Either my Glock 43 or my Walther PPS. Both hide very well and there are a lot of single stacks out there.

Some guys don't care about printing with a large pistol so it's a personal choice. I found it very uncomfortable with the Px4 especially sitting down.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 03:17:08 PM »
the px4 is to tiny to hold, unless you're this guy

[attachment deleted by admin]
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member