Author Topic: Josh pick the wrong state  (Read 2936 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Josh pick the wrong state
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:45:57 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-player-charged-for-pot-gun-after-traffic-stop/ar-AAjHGJR?ocid=HPCDHP

I don't think the Eagles need to cut Josh Huff. New Jersey may take care of it for them. Hollow points and no license equals jail. I know if it was me I would still be in jail or have another mortgage to get me out. We will see if lady justice is peeking out of her blindfold. In New Jersey, I doubt it.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

ThePixelated

Re: Josh pick the wrong state
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:52:30 AM »
The Eagles released him today.

Smart on getting a CCW permit. Dumb for not knowing other state gun laws, speeding, and having marijuana on him.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:21:00 AM »
The first news report said he had a "permit to carry". The second said the "gun was registered in Texas". Don't know what he had at this point. Wouldn't matter much in NJ I presume.
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
The hollow point ban in Jersey is pure ignorance on the part of the legislators.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:30:34 AM »
The hollow point ban in Jersey is pure ignorance on the part of the legislators.
Oh back a number of years the antis were able to push the idiocy that hollow points were "cop killer bullets" and were so lethal that they deserved extra punishment.

Never mind that they are less dangerous (less penetration = less risk for collateral damage) and that they are less likely to penetrate a cops Kevlar vest.

The ignorant propaganda won out and they now merit an enhanced sentence if you are caught.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 01:01:20 AM »
Spot on Clarence. Youtubers are always raving about new frangible self defense ammo. Lawyers and uninformed jurors would love that.
New Castle County