Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 7622 times)

Grettski

Insurance
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:36:00 PM »
Last night I was reading in a different forum about a guy that got pulled over while carrying in Minneapolis. The car he was in matched the description of one that was involved in a shooting. The encounter actually turned out good, but he mentioned that he has CCW insurance. Other people posted that they also had insurance and had used it to get a lawyer.

So I was wondering your thoughts about CCW insurance. Do you have it and/or what are your thoughts about it?
USAF Retired

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »
 Consider CCWSafe. Watch their Next Fight videos featuring Don West, a
GZ defense lawyer. Vet discount available. No hard sell.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:13:24 AM »
I just renewed my plan with CCWSAFE.com. Several of my friends who live in other states also use them. Never had a problem with them. My plan is $149.00 for the yr. They now offer a plan for homeowners that do not have a CCW permit but want to be covered when in home defense.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 03:15:52 AM »
Add my vote for CCWSafe. What you will need most in a bad situation is an experienced attorney. They not only pay the lawyer's fees but also will provide an attorney to handle your case 24/7.

If you are a member, you are automatically represented by an attorney. The police are therefore barred from questioning you. Imagine its 2AM & you are forced to defend yourself. Where are you going to find a guaranteed 2A friendly lawyer?

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »
what dos it cover?
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Fishhunter911

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
I have been looking into getting ccwsafe as well. Looks to be a great coverage should it hit the fan.

coolwrld

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
I to have also been weighing CCWSafe or USCCA and haven't been able to make up my mind as of yet. 
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

topper

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
I looked at several carriers, and I liked USCCA.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 05:01:24 PM »
CCWsafe covers legal fees & not liability in the event that you are sued like some of the others do.
Many of the others have unacceptably low limits on the legal fees that are covered or expect you to find & pay for your own attorney.

Because of various hobbies, I have always had Umbrella coverage added onto my homeowners policy. This will cover liability claims due to shooting accidents. Most policies will exclude claims made in the process of committing a crime or an intentional act so it becomes very important to have a good lawyer. I was told by both my lawyer and insurance agent that injuries to others caused when acting in self defense, if done within the scope of the law, are not considered intentional. You will need to check with your insurance company & attorney to see what your policy will cover.

The added benefit of the Umbrella coverage is that it will cover accidents that occur at the range, while hunting or even if your dog bites someone. Most CCW insurance will not cover these.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »
what dos it cover?
     Freak, go on the website and you will get the info you asked about. www.ccwsafe.com     
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Grettski

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 08:01:13 PM »
Thanks very much everyone. The wife and I are checking it all out. Sounds like a good investment.
USAF Retired

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 08:11:17 PM »
CCWsafe covers legal fees & not liability in the event that you are sued like some of the others do.
Many of the others have unacceptably low limits on the legal fees that are covered or expect you to find & pay for your own attorney.

Because of various hobbies, I have always had Umbrella coverage added onto my homeowners policy. This will cover liability claims due to shooting accidents. Most policies will exclude claims made in the process of committing a crime or an intentional act so it becomes very important to have a good lawyer. I was told by both my lawyer and insurance agent that injuries to others caused when acting in self defense, if done within the scope of the law, are not considered intentional. You will need to check with your insurance company & attorney to see what your policy will cover.

The added benefit of the Umbrella coverage is that it will cover accidents that occur at the range, while hunting or even if your dog bites someone. Most CCW insurance will not cover these.

Thanks for answering my question
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »
Hmmm.  I thought that these were just lawyer referral services.  If they're covering all legal costs though, that opens up a whole other host of questions for me.

ChrisCar

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 12:50:03 AM »
Echo what Ground said about an umbrella policy.    

In addition, check out the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network.  Seemed to be the best option for me.  armedcitizensnetwork.org
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:48:14 AM by ChrisCar »
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 03:07:58 PM »
Doesn't really reassure me much.  The various laws being what they are, and this coming from a lawyer, I'd like to know how the attorney situation through these services, whichever one you choose, works.  Are you obligated to use the attorney of their choosing or are you able to seek out your own attorney and have them pick up the tab?  I for one will say this, even though I practice in the area of criminal defense, if the situation were to arise that I had to defend myself and wound up facing a criminal or civil jury, I'd feel much better placing my fate in the hands of one of my trusted colleagues rather than trying my own case.  After all, an attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client. 

That also brings me to the question of the services' attorney's qualifications.  Are these folks that they have on staff who are admitted to practice in a number of jurisdictions by way of reciprocity or having passed the bar and then just staying in good standing by keeping current on their continuing education requirements and not getting jammed up on their annual registration, or are they in fact folks that live and breathe litigation in the specific jurisdiction.  For me, there's just way too many questions that remain unanswered even after looking over the policy contract that's online when you add to cart.