Author Topic: Sig P229 for CCW  (Read 2563 times)

greymas

Sig P229 for CCW
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:41:17 PM »
What has been your experience with carrying a Sig P229?

I'm still looking for a new gun and really like the Sig P229 9mm except for the price. I may be carrying AIWB as well as IWB depending on how much sitting I plan on doing.  I was considering the SP2022 due to price, but don't like the slide release and it's likely I will still want to upgrade to P229 down the road. I also like the all metal frame. I was looking at PX4 compact but don't like the feel.
I see they have certified pre owned models on website but haven't found if the price difference is significant or where to buy.  Would love to hear from P229 owners or previous owners about like's dislikes or what ever else you care to mention.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Re: Sig P229 for CCW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »
The P229 is a great platform, but when compared to some of its competition, can be a bit bulky.  I have a Legion P229 that I plan on using as my CCW, but it is certainly chunkier than my Walther P99, Glock 19 or certainly my Wilson Combat 1911.  It is doable, but if you're planning to appendix carry, I'd recommend going for a variant that lacks the beaver tail, so no Elite, Enhanced Elite, or possibly Legion, though the profile of the latter is quite a bit reduced from the others, it's still definitely present and pokey when seated.