Author Topic: New Kid on the block....NCC  (Read 8515 times)

Revmacde

New Kid on the block....NCC
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:34:58 AM »
Appreciate the addition into this online community and the volumes of information, input and advice within the many sections.  I am a resident of New Castle, DE. and as of today, after 17 weeks, a ccdw permit holder in DE.  I'll pursue the PA permit within the next week and look for advice on additional states later.  Now, I'll begin making the adjustment to the type of carry that will be comfortable.  Again, thanks for the add and the advice!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: New Kid on the block....NCC
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 02:45:29 AM »
Welcome aboard; carry safe and at every legal opportunity
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:32:37 AM »
Welcome to the Forum...
Plenty of good info here
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Sinker

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 12:12:08 PM »
Welcome!  I'm just a few months ahead of you, also in NCCo.  As you said, lots of great info here.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
With any luck we all can carry in other states with only our Delaware CCDW. We shall see What happens with the concealed carry reciprocity legislation.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
With any luck we all can carry in other states with only our Delaware CCDW. We shall see What happens with the concealed carry reciprocity legislation.

Welcome.. And that's what i'm hoping for^^^
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Revmacde

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:51:08 PM »
[quote author=PPScarry link=topic=4848.msg35339#msg35339 date=1479654073]
[/quote]
[/color]

So do you think I should ride it out (wait on the legislation passing), or do the PA, FL, and UT thing?  I just thought that PA would be doable since I'm often up at Targetmasters' range and since it is supposedly just couple of hours drive to file in Centre.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
I wouldn't wait especially for Pa. It's cheap and close and you're more likely to travel to that state. If you have the money I would also get Florida and Utah.

Government works slow. Good thing too.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
I would not drive to Centre Co.  That's the Co we use to get our PA LTCF VIA mail.  Then they changed their laws....

I'd drive to Berks, Bucks, or Lancaster Co, pick one.  You'll be in and out in 20 minutes with it in hand.  Chester Co. will not
issue NR permits.  And Delaware Co will require 2 trips.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 04:14:58 PM »
I would not drive to Centre Co.  That's the Co we use to get our PA LTCF VIA mail.  Then they changed their laws....

I'd drive to Berks, Bucks, or Lancaster Co, pick one.  You'll be in and out in 20 minutes with it in hand.  Chester Co. will not

good to know!
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Revmacde

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:16 PM »

Thanks.... took your advice, drove to Lancaster and (in the words of Larry the cableguy...) I got 'er done!.  :-) ... about 10 mins in the sheriff's office and it was finished.  Spent more time finding parking.  What is the process for FL and UT?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 12:18:38 PM »
Both require training.

UT training provided by a person certified by UT.  Yes, they have to go there to be certified.
Then can offer it here.  Classes range from 50-150.  May include finger prints & photos.
Initial permit was $65, it's less now.  Renewals $15 and can be done online! (I did my renewal
that way) Application & finger print cards should be provided by person offering class.

FL is $102/92 new & renewals good for 7 yrs. Training - any NRA course, hunter
ed, or 214 (not recommended).  Prints MUST be rolled by LEO.  http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License/How-to-Apply-for-or-Renew-a-Concealed-Weapon-License
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:27:45 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 12:09:16 PM »
Contact the training center where you took your Delaware CCDW class. When we took our course the instructors provided us with with Florida applications and fingerprint cards as well. Made a copy of the CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION from the course to include with the Florida app (original is sent in with DE app) and did the fingerprints at the same time down in Dover at the Delaware State Bureau of Identification in behind Blue Hen Corporate Center. No appointment is required here.