Author Topic: looking for something small  (Read 8162 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
looking for something small
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »
So now that i have my CCW i did my first carry over the weekend. i bought a shoulder strap to carry my S&W SD9VE, and it works well or that but 'i'd like to have a smaller gun for a quicker draw. Looking for something with a 3 inch barrel ad being a 9mm. something a little lighter in weight that i can clip on the inside of my waiste band or even to my jeans pocket
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: looking for something small
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:43:12 PM »
I switch between my Glock 43 and my Walther PPS. No safety on either pistol. I bet you want a safety so a Colt Mustang is what my buddy Joet carries. Nice pistol and he loves it. I have another friend who pocket carries a Ruger LC380. Tiny handgun that's light and easily concealed. Those two are 380 ACP and with the right ammo from Chris I would have no problem with a 380 ACP. Smaller handguns in 9mm are usually snappy. Not the same with 380 ACP. My wife has the Glock 42, basically the same size as my 43 but it's like shooting a 22. Good luck.

Nothing like shopping for a handgun. Love it.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:11:50 PM »
i like the looks of the colt, looks like the right size. was just looking at what looks like a cell phone case with a zipper pocket to hold a gun. has a belt loop and your cell phone as a front slot. looks perfect or what i want to do.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291945169848?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:39 PM »
maybe even go with a revolver

NRA Member

64Falconguy

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
I have a Kimber Micro 9 and love it for front pocket carry. Awesome little gun.

Packing_Nine

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »
You said 9mm. I've been very happy with my Ruger LC9s Pro, and I would recommend it. It is quite compact, reasonably priced, and has been extremely reliable for me. However, I would not consider it small enough for pocket carry unless you have rather large pockets. I carry mine in an Alien Gear IWB tuckable holster.

When I absolutely must have something that will fit the pocket, I go for my Beretta Pico. It fits into a wallet holster and rides in the back pocket. The Pico is very thin, and carries comfortably even when sitting, driving, or bending. I rather like it, but some people have strong opinions about the long trigger and the heavy slide action. Find a way to try it out before you commit to purchase one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:08:13 PM »
One thing to consider by staying with a 9MM, you don't have to buy another size ammo.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 03:29:22 PM »
One thing to consider by staying with a 9MM, you don't have to buy another size ammo.

my thinking exactly. as always my biggest problem is grip. have neuropathy in bot hoands, i want small bu i need to hold it enough that it doesn't fly out of my hand or having the slide break a thumb. that's why maybe i should go with a revolver

NRA Member

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
380 ACP is a little costly at the range. I have always preferred 9mm. Chris has reasonable 9mm range ammo like Independence for less than 12 bucks per 50. Federal ammo is excellent and have never had a problem. All my handguns are 9mm for that reason you mentioned SturmRugerSR9.

My wife needs the 380 ACP though since she doesn't like the explosion of my 9mm. Too much gun for her and a lot of small women feel the same. Good thing she doesn't shoot the 380 a lot. She shoots my 22 at the range to save money and still gets the practice. I like the idea of a 9mm or other calibers with interchangeable barrels. Good idea.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »
Nothing more reliable than a revolver. It's a good carry gun.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:31 PM »
i like the idea of going with a 9mm, but have no issue with a revolver. the hunt is on

NRA Member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:53 PM »
Might I suggest a Springfield XDS-9 with a Pearce Grip extension on the magazine to allow a 4 finger grip.  I have been OWB carrying this way for over three years and have had no issues
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:38:56 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »
Cant forget about the M&P Shield or Sig P938.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 03:54:47 PM »
ugh, lol to many choices. love this forum

NRA Member

AudiQ

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:09 PM »
My EDC is a Walther PPS M2 in a Stealthgear Onyx IWB. The ergonomics of the M2 suit my hand well. Its super accurate and very dependable, no issues in 850 rounds. The holster stays where I put it with no discomfort. I reload for both 9 and .380, so ammo cost is less of a concern, although I shoot more now that I reload.
Endeavor to persevere