State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

On-Base Concealed Carry for DOD Personnel

(1/3) > >>

Cbmarine:
A new DOD Directive issued Nov 18, 2016 clarifies policy for concealed carry waivers on base. Doesn't appear to loosen up restriction on retirees or visitors.

Military Times published article on this topic

PPScarry:
Government moves slowly, too slow in my opinion regarding this topic. I hope Trump can get the ball moving faster and with less restrictions. Sounds like a "may issue" if I have read the article correctly. We trust our Military with the deadliest weapons on earth and yet subject them at home to known dangers unarmed. I'm glad this is being rectified.

90 days seems strange to me but I'm not in the military. I'm sure there is a reason for that.

Hawkeye:

--- Quote from: Cbmarine on November 22, 2016, 12:08:01 PM ---Doesn't appear to loosen up restriction on retirees or visitors.
--- End quote ---

I go to Dover about once a week and frequently end up on the base. It is frustrating that I have to leave my firearm at home when I know I will be going onto the Air Base. I am a retiree and a qualified (credentialed) retired DOD LEO.

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: Hawkeye on November 22, 2016, 02:33:41 PM ---... I am a retiree and a qualified (credentialed) retired DOD LEO.

--- End quote ---
If this is any help, DODI 5525.12 Implementation of the Amended Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 (LEOSA), Feb 13, 2014 updated Aug 1, 2016.

Hawkeye:

--- Quote from: Cbmarine on November 22, 2016, 06:56:21 PM ---If this is any help, DODI 5525.12 Implementation of the Amended Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 (LEOSA), Feb 13, 2014 updated Aug 1, 2016.

--- End quote ---

I have the "QUALIFIED RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER IDENTIFICATION CARD" as outlined in Enclosure 3 of that document. That is what I was referring to when I said I was "credentialed." Unfortunately that does not carry any weight in the eyes of the command at Dover AFB. It is up to each base Commander. I have read that I can carry at Andrews AFB but I have yet to try it. I do not get there often.

http://www.jba.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/772402/jba-leosa-procedures-revised

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version