Author Topic: Buying & selling question  (Read 7912 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Buying & selling question
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »
I write up two receipts, with seller and buyers signatures, names & addresses, gun description amd serial number. I check the other person's ID. Good enough for me. If the law says I don't need to make the transfer through an FFL, I am fine with it (no offense Chris!). Now if the person I am dealing with seems "shady", or hestitates giving me ID....then the transfer comes to a halt.

Agreed. I've done transfers to another CCDW permit holder. Printed a receipt with copies of permits and DL's, we both signed it, and each of us kept a copy.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 02:37:40 AM »
ahhhh, shady people, lol
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

rikwick

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »
That's right, a copy of license, permit and signature kept in your records is an "Ironclad paper trail." and it's legal. The receipt kept in your records is the same as the receipt kept in an ffl's records. 

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
I write up two receipts, with seller and buyers signatures, names & addresses, gun description amd serial number. I check the other person's ID. Good enough for me. If the law says I don't need to make the transfer through an FFL, I am fine with it (no offense Chris!). Now if the person I am dealing with seems "shady", or hestitates giving me ID....then the transfer comes to a halt.

That s a good way to protect yourself. I decided to only go through FFL so I don't have to keep track of the records.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »
I found a couple printable forms online for the transfer of firearms that look to me like they cover everything:

http://www.defensivestrategies.org/downloads/PrivateTransferForm.pdf

http://www.gunwarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/billofsalefillable.pdf

Look them over to see if they are lacking in any way. If so, there's always the good old 4473
 :)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 02:05:39 PM »
Now that we're all discussing this, it might be a good idea to reference the DE criminal code that CBmarine mentioned (below) right on the receipt. Could be helpful.

11 Del C. § 1448A Criminal history record checks for sales of firearms.
(e) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(5) Transactions in which the potential buyer or transferee holds a valid concealed deadly weapons license pursuant to §§ 1441, 1441A and 1441B of this title; and
New Castle County

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »
I love my firearms and the thought of selling any of them never occurred to me. :'(
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »
i've ridden motorcycles for years, but when you see that bright shinny new one, the wheels in your mind start turning
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member