Author Topic: Anti Gun Meeting  (Read 5787 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Anti Gun Meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »
They cannot admit publicly they are anti second amendment. Cowards. Personally I have never seen military style weapons on the streets of Delaware. More guns by legal law abiding citizens do make us more safe. I have had enough of their micro aggressions and am returning to my safe space.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 08:49:16 PM »
The proponents of this meeting proclaim that they are not against the Second Amendment.  This is absolutely meaningless as the Second Amendment is only as good as the judges who interpret it.

We derive our right to keep and bear arms from our natural God given right to self preservation, the preservation of our loved ones and the maintenance of our liberties.  If the Second Amendment were repealed, we would still have that right even if a government were to violate our rights. This is no different than the right to breathe air or the right to walk around.  

That this so called church would sponsor an event that seeks to make criminals out of law abiding folks is unconscionable.  They should be ashamed.  

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:04:01 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
While I'm in the deccw safe space with @ppscarry, we will try to resolve how we could be so misguided as to  "the continuation of the misinterpreted information that more guns means a safer community,... ".  Perhaps we can compose a letter that will set John Lott aright. Then again, never mind. The facts win out.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 10:16:05 PM »
John Lott. That's all you have to say. The most anti (pro is what I meant to say) 2nd amendment person in the tri-state area.

(just got done reading his review of Adam Winkler "Gunfight: The battle over the right to bear arms in America" on Amazon. Adam messed with the wrong guy quoting Johns book. He also has an excellent article concerning Russian hack BS and Peter Kings comments. All on his great websitehttp://johnrlott.blogspot.com/ )

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:22:09 PM by PPScarry »
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 01:07:59 AM »
John Lott. That's all you have to say. The most anti 2nd amendment person in the tri-state area.
I was satirically referring to this John Lott
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Guns,_Less_Crime
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 01:18:42 AM »
We should find out when their next meeting is, and send a few representatives to broaden their perspective a bit.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Paladin4CA

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 04:05:54 PM »
Sen. Bryan Townsend, Rep. Paul Baumbach, Rep. John Kowalko and Rep. Ed Osienski appeared before an "encouraging" group of locals at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Newark to discuss the 2017 legislative season and the “common sense” gun violence legislation that has passed since the tragedy of Sandy Hook, which was the catalyst for the coalition's formation, said Liane Sorenson, chair of the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence Educational Fund.

One day shy of the four-year anniversary of the massacre, three bills have passed in Delaware pertaining to guns in that time span: House Bill 35, which requires background checks for the sale and/or transfer of firearms; Senate Bill 83, which aims to keep guns out of the hands of convicted domestic abusers; and the House Bill 325, which increased the amount of time for a background check to be completed before a gun purchase from three days to 25 days.
Sounds like "flying under the radar" wasn't an effective strategy....

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »
One day shy of the four-year anniversary of the massacre, three bills have passed in Delaware pertaining to guns in that time span: House Bill 35, which requires background checks for the sale and/or transfer of firearms; Senate Bill 83, which aims to keep guns out of the hands of convicted domestic abusers; and the House Bill 325, which increased the amount of time for a background check to be completed before a gun purchase from three days to 25 days.
Sounds like "flying under the radar" wasn't an effective strategy....
A negative trend? Yes.  Background checks exist in many other states. Domestic abuser law is a Fed law. Background check delay is concerning but not a problem yet. But we defeated the mag 10 round limit, the school zone ban for CC, and a potentially abusive mental health law. Also we have an opportunity to take the majority in the DE Senate.
@Paladin4CA, your underlying prompting is useful but this delivery comes across as snarky. Constructive feedback is appreciated, personally. Nationally, the reciprocity bill will relieve some but not all CC impediments. We wish you well in your CA legislative and judicial battles.
New Castle County

Paladin4CA

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 06:14:37 AM »
A negative trend? Yes.  Background checks exist in many other states. Domestic abuser law is a Fed law. Background check delay is concerning but not a problem yet. But we defeated the mag 10 round limit, the school zone ban for CC, and a potentially abusive mental health law. Also we have an opportunity to take the majority in the DE Senate.
@Paladin4CA, your underlying prompting is useful but this delivery comes across as snarky. Constructive feedback is appreciated, personally. Nationally, the reciprocity bill will relieve some but not all CC impediments. We wish you well in your CA legislative and judicial battles.
Glad to hear you had some successes.

Constructive feedback: review my previous threads at: http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=3815.0 and http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=3815.0 See if there's anything there you can use.

I'll make an update re. Peruta case thread.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:26:11 AM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »
We should find out when their next meeting is, and send a few representatives to broaden their perspective a bit.
http://decagv.org/

https://www.facebook.com/decagv/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:38:22 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:16 PM »
http://decagv.org/

https://www.facebook.com/decagv/

Here's a gem from that site:
FOR FATHER’S DAY: GET DAD A TIE, NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE

Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »
I have been following the News Urinal articles on this topic and have noticed an increase in activity.  We need to be aware that Carney is not our friend and the opposition senses that.  They are going to try to head us in the direction of Calif., even with a slim margin in the senate.  We need some dems on our side!!!!  I can't help, these whackos in NCC are horrible.  Those of you downstate may help???

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith