Author Topic: I started the process back in March of this year...  (Read 10874 times)

Grebnehtor

I started the process back in March of this year...
« on: September 29, 2009, 04:32:31 AM »
Hello,

I started the DE resident CCW process this March but I never finished it.  I have the application completed and notorized, ad in paper done, class taken and I even had the background fingerprinting all done.  I never finished the reference part so I didn't mail any of it in.  Are the things I've done still valid?  Or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks,
Steve

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: I started the process back in March of this year...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »
Everything should be ok except the newspaper ad. The application gives a timeline for when the add needs to be placed and the app submitted. I don't remember what that timelie is but its gives it with the directions.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
Steve, finger prints also have a time line I believe.  Double check that the paperwork doesnt say anything about when it was notarized, etc.  It shouldn't but you never know. 

Good luck!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »
I agree with Moosie..... 

Only thing that MUST be done within a period of time is the finger printing.  And that is a 30 day window. 

The time on the paper is it MUST run for 10 days BEFORE you file your paperwork.

In the OP case, it ran for MORE then 10 days if OP were to file today (assuming OP gets finger printed AGAIN).
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
This will answer all your questions http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=7.0
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Grebnehtor

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 05:26:59 AM »
Well I sent the app and everything I had on Monday (5th).  I will call them this Monday and see if any of the stuff I sent in needs to be redone, didn't want to pay for the b\g check if mine was still good.  I'll keep you all updated!

Thanks,
Steve
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:23:30 AM by Grebnehtor »

Grebnehtor

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:25:25 AM »
Well December 8th and still no letter from the AG yet.  Been over 2 months.   I hope to hear back any day now but if I don't hear by the end of next week I'll be calling to make sure it wasn't lost or the paperwork was incorrect.  This wait is a little unnecessary IMO if other states can do it that much quicker.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 08:54:18 PM »
As much as you don't want to hear this...2 months and counting is probably about right. just means you have plenty of time to carry at home and get used to not checking you shirt tail every 2 minutes. :)
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »
I have to agree with Gunenvy that's not that long right now with all the applications going through.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.