Author Topic: Smith & Wesson M&P line  (Read 3313 times)

Sparky

Smith & Wesson M&P line
« on: December 28, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
The M&P's feel right in my hand plus they don't break the bank but they do shoot low?  I have all 3, all 9's, M&P Pro for Steel, M&P 4 1/4" for house gun and Shield 9 for carry.  A Steel shooter @ our club has 40,000 rounds down his M&P Pro with out any malfunction, that's impressive. The 124 grain pills group higher so if others have noticed it and shoot the 147 gr either metal case or HP's?

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Smith & Wesson M&P line
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
I am also a M&P carrier and I agree with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:02:41 PM »
Always had the same issue with my Sig P232. Could install a shorter front post, but never bothered.
New Castle County

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:03:14 PM »
I had the same problem with my Beretta Px4. I never carried it so no worries there however it is a nightstand pistol. I was ready to trade it in however it performed better and better the more rounds sent through it. Now it is accurate with 115 grain. Like you I tried higher grain and it seemed to work better. I think it just need breaking in. I'm no expert and thought it was the shooter but now I'm pretty sure it was the pistol. Anyway I am very pleased and confident with it. I hope you have the same results.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 03:42:22 PM »
US Marine Corp marksmanship teaches that a six o'clock alignment is proper.  That's not always true.  The M&P series uses point of aim/point of impact.  It may impair target clarity but does seem more natural.
Proud resident of Kent County DE