Author Topic: 1st time renewal  (Read 4341 times)

ThePixelated

1st time renewal
« on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:54 PM »
So I now need to renew my DE CCW for the first time in 2017. And have a question:

Do I only need to fill out the application (http://courts.state.de.us/forms/download.aspx?ID=33068) with a new photo attached, have it notarized and submitted to the NCC Prothonotary with payment?

That's it? I don't need the 5 references again? I don't need to have another article in a local newspaper?

Thanks.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: 1st time renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:43:20 PM »
New app & photos.

NO ad, finger prints, or references.

If you are in NCC, I will have my stamp with me on Monday nights at DSPC AP I can notorize it if you wish.

You need an original and a copy.  I'd make 2 copies and have them time stamp the 2nd copy (YOUR COPY) and
attach the receipt.  That way you are covered if it should take longer than 6 mos to get the renewal back to you.
(Requires you yo hand deliver it to them)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:46:17 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 11:17:51 AM »
If you're dropping it off in person simply take the application, a copy and your new photos. They will review it, notarize it and provide you with a receipt.

Took us all of 5 minutes for myself and wife to have done. Keep the receipt as it'll be your proof if the replacement hasn't arrived before yours expires. You are able to continue carrying with the receipt.

ThePixelated

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. I plan on submitting the form tomorrow, Friday or next week.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
 If you deliver it to the courthouse, don't do it 1st thing in the morning or you may get caught in the middle of the jury duty crowd. As always leave all weapons and electronic devices in your vehicle.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Lynch, good point about early in the morning and the jury pool. I received my first CDW Permit in May of 1995. I have always hand delivered it around 1330hrs each time. I hand delivered my renewal info this past Tues at 1330. There was plenty of parking around the courthouse. Leave your weapon and any handheld devices in your vehicle. I was the only citizen in the Prothon. Office in Georgetown.  The lady that assisted me checked out the copies,photos and the check for $65.00. I was told everything was in order and the process would not take very long. When I receive the re-issued permit I will post the date with this forum. A belated Happy New Year to all at deccw.com 
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »
I t was like a ghost town at the courthouse at 12:30pm when I delivered mine in Dover on Tuesday. The staff at the prothonotary was helpful and did look over the application to be sure all was in order. It would have been better if I hadn't had to park in the Water St. lot and walk in the rain 2 blocks to get there.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

ThePixelated

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »
I dropped my two copies of the renewal applications off yesterday afternoon. The woman said I'd have my new permit before my current one expires, which is in May. I was done in a few minutes.

Let's see how long this takes.  :)

And don't forget to leave your cellphones locked up in your car, at home or their nifty $1.00 lockers.

robberbaron

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 10:53:00 PM »
When I renewed in 2016, I went to the NCC courthouse on January 4, 2016 with all the paperwork ready. I received my renewal in late February. Much shorter time than I anticipated.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »
Renewals take priority. They have a stated amount of time to be completed. New applications don't. They get to them when they get to them.
This time of the years is a bit disheartening to most new applicants, as they are really itchy to get carrying. Patients is the only answer.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

ThePixelated

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
Got my renewed license today. 28 days. Awesome!

It is a lot nicer than my first license.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:54:30 PM by ThePixelated »