Author Topic: I'm good to go now!  (Read 12325 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: I'm good to go now!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 10:13:41 AM »
I agree Springfield XDs.   Get a Pierce Grip for the magazines as this gives you a place for your pinky.  I carry 9mm as to me the 45 version has a lot of recoil for a gun this small. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

AudiQ

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 12:12:44 PM »
The Walther PPS 9mm, either classic or M2, is super reliable. I have 800+ rounds through my M2 without any issues. Comfy to carry IWB with the 7 round mag which gives my pinky a place to rest. Very accurate for a somewhat short barrel. I picked it up from Chris just after they came out. No regrets.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:21:29 PM by AudiQ »
Endeavor to persevere

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
Love the PPS and it is very reliable. I do have my eye on the XDs, nice pistol and a lot of good reviews. If I buy a 45 it will be the XDs.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

StrikeFear

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 07:46:26 PM »
Congratulations and safe carry!!!!

Strike Fear!
NCC
Per Ardua!
Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

"Attitude is Everything"

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »
I also have the XDs in .45 with 3.3" barrell. Nice pistol.
New Castle County

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 02:11:42 PM »
I'll be popping down to see Chris about a PPS either over the weekend or the front end of next week to check out a PPS for the days where I have to wear a suit and my P229 is just a little too much of a fat kid.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »
You won't be sorry. Nice shooting pistol.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »
And with a huge thanks to a "donation" by Chris, I'm now the proud new owner of a Walther PPS M1 ;D  I can't wait to shoot the little guy!

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
Great! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 01:22:49 PM »
Got to shoot the PPS a couple times and I must say, I dig it. 

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »
I just got my holster for the PPS for a 3 o'clock carry. Used to have an appendix carry holster and ended up carrying my Glock 43 instead at 3 o'clock with my Vedder comfort tuck. Now I am back to PPScarry! I really enjoy this pistol that Chris recommended and sold me when I first bought a handgun for concealed carry. I have confidence in both pistols but definitely shoot the PPS more accurately. I'm sure you feel the same Marc. Now I need to renew my Elk Neck range license and see Chris for some more range ammo. I hope I don't buy another pistol because I know I can't conceal it from my wife. :)
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »
I'm definitely loving the little PPS.  Today I don't have to wear a suit at work so I'm carrying my Sig which along with my Wilson 1911, I shoot best, but I really like everything about the PPS.  The only thing I need to do is get a better holster for it.  At the moment I'm fairly generic Galco IWB holster which is okay, but definitely not the most secure feeling holster.  I think I'm going to take the plunge on another Blackpoint Mini Wing since I really love that holster for my Sig.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »
On the single stack front I have a few 1911's and the Sig P245, but with the exception of the P245 and my Wilson CQB, they're all full size guns. I'm giving serious thought to picking up a Walther PPS, Sig P239 or Sig P225-A1

That Walther PPS disappears! I wear the PPQ most of the time but that PPS comes in handy sometimes and its so flat and thin I love it. The feel is what really gets me.. it feels like a heavier all steel handgun yet it isn't. Just feels dense, sturdy and capable in the hand. I'll carry with the flush bottom 6-round mag and carry the 8-round mag as a spare. The wife decided she liked mine so much it became hers and I bought a new one for myself, both the Classic paddle versions.  I went full in with the Comp-Tac MTAC holster for most of my CC handguns including the PPS but have a pocket holster for it also.