Author Topic: Gun Free School Zones  (Read 2351 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Gun Free School Zones
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »
Gun Free School Zones could be on the way out. We will have to watch this and see what happens.

Representative Thomas Massie, (R) KY, has re-introduced a bill to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) of 1990 and its amendments.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2017/01/bill-introduced-to-repeal-gun-free.html

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Gun Free School Zones
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:36:27 PM »
Don't see how this would affect state laws where the state is GFZ, e.g., PA, or in DE where CCDW permit holders are exempted by the letter of the law although possibly not in the eyes of the DE AG.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:30:40 AM »
Don't see how this would affect state laws where the state is GFZ, e.g., PA, or in DE where CCDW permit holders are exempted by the letter of the law although possibly not in the eyes of the DE AG.
Not sure what you mean by the AG opinion.  The law in Delaware merely ratchets up one notch (eg: jump a class C felony to a class B) for any gun  crime committed in a school zone.  If you are carrying legally, there is no impact whatsoever. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »
Not sure what you mean by the AG opinion.  The law in Delaware merely ratchets up one notch (eg: jump a class C felony to a class B) for any gun  crime committed in a school zone.  If you are carrying legally, there is no impact whatsoever.  
Not a known published AG opinion. Just scuttlebutt that our current AG is likely to try to prosecute despite the clear wording of the law.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.