Author Topic: Say Hello to the Gun Hating Fourth circuit Court of Appeals  (Read 2469 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Say Hello to the Gun Hating Fourth circuit Court of Appeals
« on: January 28, 2017, 10:51:31 PM »
Now this decision has me scratching my head on many levels and frankly has me slightly concerned for the implications that may carry over into our local Federal Appellate Corcuit (the Third which is Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) and consequently, perhaps down to Little Ol Delaware.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170127/federal-appeals-court-s-shocking-pronouncement-lawful-gun-carriers-must-forfeit-other-rights

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Say Hello to the Gun Hating Fourth circuit Court of Appeals
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
Wow, the two legal opinions by 4th Circuit judges put 'informing the officer' is a whole new perspective. Instead of a police shooting being irrational and paranoid, the policeman is now acting reasonably.  Twisted reasoning!

-- “individuals who carry firearms -- lawfully or unlawfully -- pose a categorical risk of danger to others and police officers, in particular.”
-- “If a police officer reasonably believes that a suspect poses a ‘threat of serious physical harm,’ he may use deadly force to protect himself ….”

Puts a damper on the national reciprocity legislation. I was looking forward to carrying in MD. Gives a fella pause. (4th Circuit covers MD, NC, SC, VA, and WV). On the bright side, there is no duty to inform in MD, VA, and WV. Caveat emptor in NC and SC.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:55:16 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »
Really not much of a stretch to think this might put officers at a dangerous disadvantage.  If the intent of a legal carry is to defend one's self then what happens when LE takes the first offensive action?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

topper

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »
Start a new movement. "White Lives Matter".
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 11:37:24 PM »
Luckily we are under the jurisdiction of the 3rd District Circuit Court here in Delaware and southeastern Pa.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun