Author Topic: Using CCWSafe & USCCA together  (Read 4847 times)

coolwrld

Using CCWSafe & USCCA together
« on: February 02, 2017, 02:07:50 AM »
I know the topics of these plans have been discussed in past posts.  In reading through those old posts I noticed how some members indicated that they have actually signed up for both programs.  So at this point I'm curious for anyone that has signed up for both plans specific to USCCA which plan did you sign up for, silver, gold or platinum?

What I'm trying to determine is whether or not the platinum level is really necessary when it is being combined with CCWSafe.  Of course I get all of this stuff is really all personal preference and at the end just trying to gauge what others have chosen.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

coolwrld

Re: Using CCWSafe & USCCA together
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:19:56 AM »
Why would you feel the need to combine the two?
I personally have chosen USCCA shield platinum for both myself and my wife, we have not signed up yet, but plan to do so soon.

In looking at the two services I like the legal component of CCWSafe better but like the civil liability damage coverage of USCCA.  I know should I ever be forced to defend myself and it is justified criminally hopefully I would not be subjected to civil liability but since there is never any guarantee on anything, I like the idea of the coverage.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

coolwrld

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:47:11 PM »
Interesting...I thought USCCA platinum was superior, but ill look over the details again.
So your monthly budget for carry insurance would be?

No monthly budget per se as at least with CCWSafe I paid for the full year.  Depending on what level of service I ultimately decide (if any) from USCCA I would probably pay the year up front as well.  Although I have already paid for a digital subscription to their Concealed Carry magazine.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

topper

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:40:12 PM »
I got the Gold and paid for it for the year. I liked the idea of civil liability coverage. This country is sue happy.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:34:25 PM »
Someone said in a previous post "It's very important to know who your attorney is, and that you can reach them in case of an emergency"

I called my lawyer the other night at 8 PM on his private line to congratulate him on a job well done (you may have seen it in the News-Urinal).
If you can get your attorney that quickly, you're all set.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

coolwrld

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 11:13:51 PM »
I got the Gold and paid for it for the year. I liked the idea of civil liability coverage. This country is sue happy.

Topper,

If I'm reading this right you have CCWSafe and selected Gold with USCCA to go with it?
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

coolwrld

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 11:35:24 PM »
Someone said in a previous post "It's very important to know who your attorney is, and that you can reach them in case of an emergency"
Very well said, which brings up my question for USCCA, CCW Safe, or whichever insurance you choose:  Will I be able to speak to a local attorney provided by your company BEFORE I need him/her in an emergency situation?

It was my understanding with USCCA once you become a member you have access to the list of lawyers that they have vetted for each state.  I am assuming if you wanted to reach out to one of those ahead of time that is a possibility. Of course I have no idea if there would be some kind of hourly/consulting fee charged for that conversation.  Also with USCCA it is my understanding that you can pick whatever lawyer you want to work with beyond who they have vetted as their service is really more an insurance product so they cover the costs.  With CCWSafe the service is more pre-paid legal services. I have no idea if you can speak with an lawyer ahead of time as the lawyer you would be working with would be determined at the time based on who they have vetted in Delaware.  Of course this is all just my 2 cents based on reading their respective sites and the numerous conversations I have had with them.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

topper

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 11:56:16 PM »

Topper,

If I'm reading this right you have CCWSafe and selected Gold with USCCA to go with it?

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I have the USCCA Gold plan.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

topper

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 11:59:03 PM »
Very well said, which brings up my question for USCCA, CCW Safe, or whichever insurance you choose:  Will I be able to speak to a local attorney provided by your company BEFORE I need him/her in an emergency situation?

It was my understanding with USCCA once you become a member you have access to the list of lawyers that they have vetted for each state.  I am assuming if you wanted to reach out to one of those ahead of time that is a possibility. Of course I have no idea if there would be some kind of hourly/consulting fee charged for that conversation.  Also with USCCA it is my understanding that you can pick whatever lawyer you want to work with beyond who they have vetted as their service is really more an insurance product so they cover the costs.  With CCWSafe the service is more pre-paid legal services. I have no idea if you can speak with an lawyer ahead of time as the lawyer you would be working with would be determined at the time based on who they have vetted in Delaware.  Of course this is all just my 2 cents based on reading their respective sites and the numerous conversations I have had with them.

I wouldn't be surprised that most plans use the same Lawyers. I don't know it for sure. Just my 2 cents.

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW