Author Topic: Polymer Frame Stippling  (Read 12689 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Polymer Frame Stippling
« on: February 02, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »
Can anyone here recommend someone, preferably locally that does polymer frame stippling?  I love my P99AS to death for the most part, however, I find when my hands get a little schweddy, the gun gets to be a bit of a challenge to hold on to.  Walther's old polymer frame grip textures really are pretty rubbish.

robberbaron

Re: Polymer Frame Stippling
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:18:43 PM »
Maybe try Talon grips. I find them to be excellent in all conditions.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
Are you busy on Monday or Wed nights?  Come to AP and talk to John (guy I teach with) he did his glock.
Sure he will talk to you about it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 03:08:43 PM »
What's AP?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
Action Pistol @ Delaware State Pistol Club
http://dspclub.org/public/activities/action-pistol/
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
I'd suggest the Talon Grips or Tractiongrips off Amazon first before permanently stippling the grips. I've used both the Rubber and the Granulated Talons and both are fantastic.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 12:43:50 AM »
Just a word of warning about Action Pistol. Once you try it, you'll be hooked.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »
Now I really want to try this.  Having said that.  I was able to find a place to stipple the gun, but I have a question about shipping the frame.  Oddly enough, the frame of the P99 is not serial numbered.  The slide and the barrel are both serial numbered.  That said, would I ship the non-serial numbered frame in the same manner as I would ship a non serial numbered slide (i.e. FedEx or UPS Ground), or should I still ship via UPS or FedEx overnight service?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 03:27:45 PM »
I'd talk to John at AP before sending it out.  .02

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »
Now I really want to try this.  Having said that.  I was able to find a place to stipple the gun, but I have a question about shipping the frame.  Oddly enough, the frame of the P99 is not serial numbered.  The slide and the barrel are both serial numbered.  That said, would I ship the non-serial numbered frame in the same manner as I would ship a non serial numbered slide (i.e. FedEx or UPS Ground), or should I still ship via UPS or FedEx overnight service?
\\

Marc....I can ship that for you...it will be much cheaper than shipping yourself

chris

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
\\

Marc....I can ship that for you...it will be much cheaper than shipping yourself

chris

That's awesome.  Thanks Chris!