Author Topic: Cool new holster from GAOS  (Read 6809 times)

SteveMiller

Cool new holster from GAOS
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:22:30 AM »
i picked up this cool new holster from the Bullseye Holster booth at the Great American Outdoor Show.  They had all kinds of cool designs and made them for you live in about 10 min.

Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

SteveMiller

Re: Cool new holster from GAOS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »
That's cool Steve!  belt clips on other side for OWB carry?

That's right, perfect for winter carry.  I wish it hadn't taken me so long to embrace OWB.  If there is any advice for new concealed carriers I would recommend carrying OWB when weather and dress permits.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

8thFA

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:29 PM »

That's right, perfect for winter carry.  I wish it hadn't taken me so long to embrace OWB.  If there is any advice for new concealed carriers I would recommend carrying OWB when weather and dress permits.

Great point Steve, I just came to the same realization lately, I wear flannel shirts in the winter that can easily hide an OWB holster.  I'm getting ready to order one for my Glock.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

topper

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:54:28 PM »

Great point Steve, I just came to the same realization lately, I wear flannel shirts in the winter that can easily hide an OWB holster.  I'm getting ready to order one for my Glock.

Interesting! I'll consider it.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 02:43:06 AM »
You all don't have winter here.. its kinda like a Canadian fall  ;D

I wear my MTAC IWB year round here with a PPQ covered by a t-shirt usually.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:13:11 AM »
Pretty, but to much material. i want something to hold the gun and nothing extra
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
Just what concealed carriers need....a holster that's meant to be seen?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 05:29:38 PM »

that's what i'm saying. i don't need a pretty picture or color. i need it not to be seen. don't need a huge piece of backing leather with 20 screw holes to scratch me up. I'm going to try this for my m&p shield 45.https://onyour6designs.com/product/smith-wesson-holster/

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 06:04:32 PM »
This is a nice holster if that's your thing. I see the appeal.

I'm still wearing the Comp-Tec MTAC after 5 years of nearly daily use. Its still in perfect shape though of course nicely broken in. Same as their reinforced belt. Just cant beat this holster for quality and comfort and I rarely tuck a shirt behind it. I've tightened the hardware once that I can remember.

http://www.comp-tac.com/mtac-holster-10225

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 01:55:56 AM »

that's what i'm saying. i don't need a pretty picture or color. i need it not to be seen. don't need a huge piece of backing leather with 20 screw holes to scratch me up. I'm going to try this for my m&p shield 45.https://onyour6designs.com/product/smith-wesson-holster/
personally I can’t take the kydex against my skin .  I like the leather or some other soft  material backing for comfort on a iwb. Now im a bigger guy. 6’1 260lb . I imagine a small frame person would be ok with it . Garrett holsters has leather lined kydex holsters that I like . I’m have been using the owb silent thunder 2.0 without issues . It’s holds your firearm tight to you but I get no contact irritation . I guess that’s why there’s tons of holsters out there to fit each person.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 02:38:19 AM »
i'm 6'1 215, i'll let you know. if need be i will spray glue a piece of fabric to it

NRA Member

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
i'm 6'1 215, i'll let you know. if need be i will spray glue a piece of fabric to it
Moleskin would probably work.  

For IWB carry, though, I agree that the set-up needs to be somewhat minimal.  I’ve seen some of these rigs and immediately decided that these folks had a different body structure than I do. Long rigid edges and sharp-ish corners don’t scream comfort.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:36:10 PM by CorBon »
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."