Author Topic: DE recognition???  (Read 9250 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
DE recognition???
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:57:25 PM »
I just saw something on another website that DE will no longer recognize any other state permit, effective Sept, this year???????????????  That means other states will reciprocate.  Anyone?????

Bill T
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: DE recognition???
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:16:51 PM »
Yeah I just noticed a post from First State Firearms Training stating the same and linking to http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml however there is no mention about it on that page.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:55:03 PM »
Delaware will only cease to acknowledge nonresident -permits of other states listed.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 12:42:03 AM »
Delaware will only cease to acknowledge nonresident -permits of other states listed.

This is a very useful clarification.
If true, every PA resident who carries here with a Florida or Utah permit will be SOL...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:47:58 AM »

This is a very useful clarification.
If true, every PA resident who carries here with a Florida or Utah permit will be SOL...

that is correct..applies to nonresident out of state permits..

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »
I can not find this on the link to the AG website.  I don't see anything in the law that would allow them to disallow a reciprocal state permit because the person is a non resident. 

Any lawyers out there?  This is serious because innocent people will be jailed because of this if it stands.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »
Marc & I have been discussing this via email.  There is one case from I think 1980s which would make it true.
It was on the web site yesterday (2/15).  Today it's gone?  Was going to post it here and in the sticky.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

NormH3

• Life Member

Etrier

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »
I saw the same statement on the AG's webpage yesterday morning but when I sat down to write about it here last night the web page had been changed and the statement about not accepting other states permits as of September 2017 had been removed.  Wondering if the announcement got pulled because it might have an effect on the SD 10 special election.
Kydex Holster Maker

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
I saw the same statement on the AG's webpage yesterday morning but when I sat down to write about it here last night the web page had been changed and the statement about not accepting other states permits as of September 2017 had been removed.  Wondering if the announcement got pulled because it might have an effect on the SD 10 special election.

Personally I think it got pulled because it got more responses than they figured. Secondly, they hadn't made an announcement on the news release section yet. I wonder if it was put up "prematurely" by a over zealous employee.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 05:47:21 PM »
So who made the decision to change the agreements, the new guv or denn??  Doesn't stuff like that require legislature??
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »
Before we all go the way of lemmings over the edge of a cliff, sit tight.  I just put an e-mail through to the DOJ to get a definitive answer as to what reciprocity status as to non-resident CCDW permits is/will be on the date in question.  For what it's worth, I've heard some conflicting things from a few of the junior deputies to date.  The e-mail I just sent was to a department head. 

Fishhunter911

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
Before we all go the way of lemmings over the edge of a cliff, sit tight.  I just put an e-mail through to the DOJ to get a definitive answer as to what reciprocity status as to non-resident CCDW permits is/will be on the date in question.  For what it's worth, I've heard some conflicting things from a few of the junior deputies to date.  The e-mail I just sent was to a department head. 

Thank you Marc.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »
Updated...they backpedaled a bit because of the way Delaware law is written.

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 09:45:39 PM »
Interesting that they appologized for the notice.  Never saw that before.  Looks like this was put up by an unauthorized person or they realized it was not legal.

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml

I guess a lot of PA and Maryland residents are breathing a sigh of relief.

Eternal vigilance.......
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.