Author Topic: Maryland is just...sad  (Read 3230 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Maryland is just...sad
« on: February 22, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
http://www.wboc.com/story/34559507/federal-appeals-court-upholds-md-gun-laws

Weapons of war gets me. I didn't know my 17 round magazines are weapons of war. Or my AR that is a weapon of fun at the range. Nuts.

The 2A isn't a long book to read, it's simple and short. Reading into this one sentence is wrong. Legislating from the bench is getting old.

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: Maryland is just...sad
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:55:01 PM »
Yet they are allowed evil suppressors.  Shhhhhhhhh

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
Delaware was at one time trying to do the 10 round max thing. My 9mm holds 17 in mag and 1 in chamber. I have 2/ 17 rd mags. I also have 2  /10 rounds mags just in case, Some other states have 10 round max also, so if I travel I am prepared.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 03:30:37 AM »
Expect an AW ban & mag limits bill to be introduced in Delaware within the next few weeks.

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 09:52:28 AM »
Expect an AW ban & mag limits bill to be introduced in Delaware within the next few weeks.

Another good reason for anyone in the 10th senatorial to get out and vote. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

rikwick

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »
This has tremendous implications for the whole country if it goes to the Supreme Court.   I am afraid that when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, the idea that owning arms to defend against the government should the need arise has been lost sight of.  Meaning we should be able to bare the same arms as the military.  Maryland's Judge King specifically said "Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war."  That is disturbing to me, and misses a huge point of the 2nd Amendment, framing it as a privilege instead of a right.  To me the strongest point regarding the 2nd Amendment and the ownership of "assault weapons" or "weapons of war" or what ever they want to call it is the right to own these weapons to fight against a tyrannical government.  But I don't hear that argument at all.   

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
Appears that in the lexicon of the MD Judiciary a militia is used for parades and ceremonies only.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
This has tremendous implications for the whole country if it goes to the Supreme Court.   I am afraid that when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, the idea that owning arms to defend against the government should the need arise has been lost sight of.  Meaning we should be able to bare the same arms as the military.  Maryland's Judge King specifically said "Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war."  That is disturbing to me, and misses a huge point of the 2nd Amendment, framing it as a privilege instead of a right.  To me the strongest point regarding the 2nd Amendment and the ownership of "assault weapons" or "weapons of war" or what ever they want to call it is the right to own these weapons to fight against a tyrannical government.  But I don't hear that argument at all.   

That is an excellent point and my problem with the judge. It is the reason for the 2A to own such weapons. One sentence is being twisted into the opposite of its meaning.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer