State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Possible Executive Order on "assault weapons"

(1/2) > >>

Hawkeye:
This could be interesting.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/02/john-boch/proposed-executive-order-designating-rifles-militia-purposes/

Cbmarine:
(f)  “Militia Rifles” shall mean the firearms designated in Section 4 that are made in America and suitable for use in self-defense, community defense, defense of States and defense of the Nation."
If you assemble it yourself starting with a stripped lower does that constitute "made" here regardless of where the parts were manufactured?

Adrenolin:
Until its argued and ruled on you're inturpritation is as good as anyone's

topper:
"The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard."

I noticed the "under 45 years of age" quote. I would think that would eliminate a few of us, but The National Guard employs people over 45, so wouldn't that void that limit?

Hawkeye:

--- Quote from: topper on February 27, 2017, 12:36:41 PM ---"The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard."

I noticed the "under 45 years of age" quote. I would think that would eliminate a few of us, but The National Guard employs people over 45, so wouldn't that void that limit?

--- End quote ---

I cannot vouch for the integrity of RedState but they seem to put this militia vs National Guard thing into perspective.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/johnliberty/2013/11/27/why-the-national-guard-is-not-a-militia/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version