Author Topic: Possible Executive Order on "assault weapons"  (Read 2737 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Possible Executive Order on "assault weapons"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »
(f)  “Militia Rifles” shall mean the firearms designated in Section 4 that are made in America and suitable for use in self-defense, community defense, defense of States and defense of the Nation."
If you assemble it yourself starting with a stripped lower does that constitute "made" here regardless of where the parts were manufactured?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 07:21:54 PM »
Until its argued and ruled on you're inturpritation is as good as anyone's

topper

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:36:41 PM »
"The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard."

I noticed the "under 45 years of age" quote. I would think that would eliminate a few of us, but The National Guard employs people over 45, so wouldn't that void that limit?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 02:27:48 PM »
"The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard."

I noticed the "under 45 years of age" quote. I would think that would eliminate a few of us, but The National Guard employs people over 45, so wouldn't that void that limit?

I cannot vouch for the integrity of RedState but they seem to put this militia vs National Guard thing into perspective.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/johnliberty/2013/11/27/why-the-national-guard-is-not-a-militia/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:45:07 PM »
This wording makes clear that the Militia is broader than the Guard (see b2 below).  Also Section 313 of title 32 extends the upper age limit (see 2nd quote below). Alas, some of us are no longer in the range. Of course, in an SHTF situation, "you are too old" is a non-functional concept. 

10 USC Chapter 13
§311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

32 USC §313
(a) To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps. To be eligible for reenlistment, a person must be under 64 years of age.
(b) To be eligible for appointment as an officer of the National Guard, a person must—
(1) be a citizen of the United States; and
(2) be at least 18 years of age and under 64.

Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.