Author Topic: New to DE... kind of  (Read 4341 times)

DE29er

New to DE... kind of
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
Glad I found this site - very informative and much more relevant info than the 'national' forums. I only recently started carrying and got my PA and FL permits just before an unexpected move just across the line into DE last year.  But those permits won't fly for DE residents so I applied for my CCW last summer in NCC. It took a full 6 months, including a few weeks delay when they called and asked for a complete certified PA driving record. I'm now legal here, and awaiting my PA non-resident permit (since I am in PA every day).

My primary is a fat little Glock 29, which is not the easiest to conceal but I make do.  Since I'm very new to carrying I am still "practicing" by carrying around my house and property, and only ventured out a few times so far. My wife teases me about protecting myself from the mad squirrels with my 10mm...  :-\

Glad to be on the site - looking forward to learning more.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: New to DE... kind of
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
Welcome aboard @DE29er. Just tell the Mrs that the muzzle blast is lethal to squirrels out to 20 feet -- don't need to be accurate. Hoping that you are a well-adjusted, rational, main-stream 10mm fan. The opposite variety position is competently and humorously filled. (He'll be on soon to defend himself). Fell free to ask questions.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »
Hoping that you are a well-adjusted, rational, main-stream 10mm fan. The opposite variety position is competently and humorously filled. (He'll be on soon to defend himself).

I don't need to defend myself. I just need to keep quiet until the Al Franken Decade starts at noon January 20th, 2021.
Token leftist on the board, and another Glock 29 carrier. I've given up trying to "conceal" it, though: I just wear a Safepacker.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

DE29er

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
Welcome aboard @DE29er. Just tell the Mrs that the muzzle blast is lethal to squirrels out to 20 feet -- don't need to be accurate. Hoping that you are a well-adjusted, rational, main-stream 10mm fan. The opposite variety position is competently and humorously filled. (He'll be on soon to defend himself). Fell free to ask questions.

Ha!  I like to think I'm well adjusted but who's to say...

I did a lot of research before going with the 10. I wanted a semiauto that is reasonable for EDC and can double-duty for woods carry out west. Not many options that fit both of those. I love the 10 and have a couple thousand rounds through it already (it's a year old) but I certainly don't qualify as a fanatic (yet).  I also love the SP101 that I gave my wife, and that might be my EDC if it were more than 5 rounds.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:23:39 PM by DE29er »

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:23:18 AM »
Welcome to the Forum & DE :)
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:41:18 AM »
Welcome to the club DE29er!
New Castle County

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 01:37:34 AM »
welcome :)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Grettski

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
Welcome to the club. Great bunch of people here.
USAF Retired

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
Welcome.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »
Welcome aboard!

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »
Welcome . Gota keep an eye on those mad squirrels !