Author Topic: Hidden holsters  (Read 21887 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Hidden holsters
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »
Those polymer clips seem to stop the squeak. Silent now .

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 03:02:49 AM »
Just my two cents I have turned several people that just would not carry anymore just because of a comfort issue or something else.  Once I got one of these in their hands they started carrying again.  Most comfortable holster ever 

http://stealthgearusa.com/
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

AudiQ

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 03:22:58 AM »
+1 for stealthgear.
Endeavor to persevere

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
I'm a sucker for trying gear. What's the differences between the ventcore and revolution ? On my phone it dosent really go over the equipment just an option to buy .

AudiQ

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 02:03:51 PM »
Ventcore is a three layer ventilated design with a soft backing against the skin that I find to be very comfortable while wearing 16 hours every day. Revolution is a single layer ventilated material. As I only have a ventcore I can't speak to the comfort of the revolution. But my guess is that it is not as comfy.
Endeavor to persevere

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
The part that sits against your skin is Jersey style material.  So if you like to wear them it will be very familiar.  If you are near Bear and want to check one out let me know we can meet up and you can take a look at one of mine. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »
Thanks , sounds like good summertime equipment . 29th I appreciate the offer . I'll prob order 1 to add to the collection. I can tell you I tried an alien holster and personally I'm not a fan .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:19:08 PM by muleman88 »

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
Ok I received a stealthgear revolution in 2 days thanks to amazon prime . I have only worn it about 4 hrs but here's my 1st impression . I like that its more compact than the hidden holster and it's super light . With the backing material they use the edge of it bothers my skin after just a couple hrs. When I remove my shield the backing crushes in some making reholstering slightly difficult . This may be an individual problem . I'm 6'1 and 250 lb . I'm not saying it's a bad product but I would need to use an undershirt to wear it at any lengt of time. I purchased the revolution for warm weather use but am now wondering about the ventcore . For me the more comfortable holster is hh. It is more comfortable for me also iwb & owb all in same holster .
   I'm beginning to think I need to open a holster store so people can try them before ordering ? I wonder if there's enough business for that ? ;D

Etrier

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 11:44:16 PM »
Muleman88, question for you.  Is it the Kydex material itself an issue with skin contact or the edge finish of the Kydex holster that is causing irritation? 
Kydex Holster Maker

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 11:55:36 PM »
Muleman88, question for you.  Is it the Kydex material itself an issue with skin contact or the edge finish of the Kydex holster that is causing irritation? 
The kydex holster is the edge that bothered me . On the stealthgear revolution they use a rubberish backing that is comfortable but the top edge irritates me ( same as kydex ) . I think it's due to the movement of skin on that edge that causes the issue for me. Funny thing is leather backing dosent cause an issue .

Etrier

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 03:39:02 AM »
Thanks for your comments, it helps me achieve my primary goal of building holsters that are comfortable as well as functional.  Kydex edges can be finished in a number of ways from smooth with an automotive shine to a matte finish with squared or rounded edge depending on the thickness of the Kydex.  I have made a considerable amount of IWB holsters and have not heard of any issues with the Kydex being the source of irritation, usually it comes from serrations on the slide that my not be covered by the sweat guard (body side) of the holster.  Possible irritation from the Kydex will be another item that I cover when customers try on my IWB holsters.
Kydex Holster Maker

coolwrld

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »
I know I'm late to the party but +1 for StealthGear
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
I sent the revolution back it just wasn't going to work for me. I also ordered their ventcore to try with all the great reviews. They currently have a 25 day backlog so I will have to wait. I still like the hidden holster after I changed the clips no squeaking and very comfortable. It must be me but I can't wear a 100% kydex holster iwb , it tears me up. That revolution wasn't as bad but i couldn't wear it for long periods .The top edge of both about rubbed a hole in my hide .

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
Again proving there is a lot to be said for a all leather holster.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
I find the horsehide leather to be very comfortable. I have a Vedder comfort tuck but there are many available.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer