Author Topic: Delaware ammo restrictions?  (Read 6117 times)

coolwrld

Delaware ammo restrictions?
« on: May 09, 2017, 02:14:04 AM »
I haven't heard of any ammo restrictions specifically for Delaware. Does anyone know if I have missed something? I ask because I noticed on the Cabelas site the following message

I'm assuming it has always been there when looking at ammo but I just noticed it today.  It comes up when I was looking specifically at PMC Bronze handgun ammo (9mm on sale for $10.99 right now) as well as Herters handgun ammo.  I also assume it would show up for any type of handgun ammo but those were the two I was looking at.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

joep19934

• Life Member
Re: Delaware ammo restrictions?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »
I think I ran into this a while back on Gunbroker
There is no restriction in Delaware
The Seller has no idea of what State has what restrictions so just posts the disclaimer.
They basically don't know !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
I don't have the answer your looking for here but I can add that some ranges won't allow Russian made steel core rounds.  I was told by Shooters Choice that TULAMMO was unsafe.  I'm pretty sure the problem is it wrecks their target carriages.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »
I haven't heard of any ammo restrictions specifically for Delaware. Does anyone know if I have missed something? I ask because I noticed on the Cabelas site the following message

I'm assuming it has always been there when looking at ammo but I just noticed it today.  It comes up when I was looking specifically at PMC Bronze handgun ammo (9mm on sale for $10.99 right now) as well as Herters handgun ammo.  I also assume it would show up for any type of handgun ammo but those were the two I was looking at.
I believe only about half of those states actually have restrictions.  They should be notified that their list is incorrect.  If they don't investigate, just don't buy from them as they obviously don't care that they are putting out false information.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »
I think the first thing people think  of are bullets, but there are restriction on shotgun shells. You can't use lead shot shooting over water or certain wetland areas.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
I think the first thing people think  of are bullets, but there are restriction on shotgun shells. You can't use lead shot shooting over water or certain wetland areas.

While true, that's a highly specific purpose.  You can still purchase lead shot shotgun shells, just can't use over water or in wetland areas.  So back to the original post, I would say that yes, the disclaimer is wrong. 

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
Lot's of misinformation out there. I have my FL03 which should allow me to receive firearms of a specific age and older directly from a seller. In the ad (On Gunbroker) they stated they couldn't ship directly to Delaware among other states. The firearm in question was on the Federal FFL03 list. When I queried them, I was told that it was direct information from the ATF. I contacted the local ATF office and they knew nothing about it. C'est la vie!

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 09:26:27 PM »
Lot's of misinformation out there. I have my FL03 which should allow me to receive firearms of a specific age and older directly from a seller. In the ad (On Gunbroker) they stated they couldn't ship directly to Delaware among other states. The firearm in question was on the Federal FFL03 list. When I queried them, I was told that it was direct information from the ATF. I contacted the local ATF office and they knew nothing about it. C'est la vie!
http://delcode.delaware.gov/sessionlaws/ga147/chp020.shtml
Delaware specificity allows transfers to a licensed collector ( C&R) FL03. See exemption c.  #8
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:28:07 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
I had a C&R from 2014 through 2106, and came across a lot of Gunbroker sellers who refused to sell to me.
New Castle County