Author Topic: DE man arrested in MD with gun and DE permit  (Read 2704 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
DE man arrested in MD with gun and DE permit
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »
This guy was arrested in OC, MD, with alcohol on his breath and a gun for which he had a DE permit which, as we all know, is not valid in MD.

http://www.wgmd.com/msp-arrest-delaware-man-found-with-gun/
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: DE man arrested in MD with gun and DE permit
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 04:36:15 PM »
Shortest story I ever read. The guy is in trouble. Was it brilliant or ignorance as being no excuse from the law. I feel for the guy but you can't get away with that. Great post and a better warning. If the guy was over the blood alcohol limit he is a dim lit bulb carrying a weapon.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »
Yup , he's in some trouble... Just plain going to Md without having your firearm locked up is a no-no (even though I don't like it).On top of that a dui .. doesn't sound good for him .
 I always fear these stories coming out . Then you will have certain news organizations blasting out this is why we shouldn't be allowed to carry. It's just bad publicity.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:58:33 PM »
I am glad that Jay Rider will no longer have a CCDW. Drunk and speeding in Maryland with his gun in his boot. What are the odds that it was just shoved into his boot, as opposed to some type of boot holster. Good Lord....
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »
I cannot feel sorry for this moron. I am sure the State of MD will make an example of him and they should. The State of DE will revoke his CCDW Permit as well they should. It is moronic things like this that give ammo to the anti-gun and concealed carry crowd. This is also not good for the National Carry movement. I hope this genius is not a member of this site. Here is a more detail with this, http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/maryland/2017/03/12/police-73-mph-oc-bridge-hastens-mans-troubles/99095332/  He was going 40mph in a 35 mph zone.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:53:29 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
Yup , he's in some trouble... Just plain going to Md without having your firearm locked up is a no-no (even though I don't like it).On top of that a dui .. doesn't sound good for him .
 I always fear these stories coming out . Then you will have certain news organizations blasting out this is why we shouldn't be allowed to carry. It's just bad publicity.
Remember that even unloaded and in a case except under certain circumstances you may not even have a handgun in your vehicle.  If convicted of that he will not only lose his ccw license but will be a prohibited person if convicted.

Unless you are going to the range or traveling through the state, do not take a handgun to Maryland.

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.