Author Topic: New Here & Have applied for CCDW and waiting...  (Read 3330 times)

Wire Paladin

New Here & Have applied for CCDW and waiting...
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
Hello everyone... I'm a transplant from New Jersey where you need 3 Supreme Court Justices to sign you off to carry a concealed finger nail clipper.

I've lived in Delaware 4 years now. I'm an old former Marine Vietnam Era... while I find it an infringement on my right to live in peace and since I'm a Veteran... old and feeble now.. I'll jump through the hoops in accord with DE. State laws to request a CCDW permit... which I did in early March.

I wrote the Governor a while back saying I find having to pay out over 400 dollars to just apply for a CCDW in De. being I'm retired and on a fixed income, and still can be denied
while it was perfectly fine to put my life on the line for my country way back when... is a double infringement against retirees and especially since us old guys are too easy a victim. Never got a letter back.

Anyway, Delaware is my home now and I'll do what's required of me by the book and hope for the best.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: New Here & Have applied for CCDW and waiting...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »
Welcome aboard @Wire Paladin. Semper Fi! Here in DE, you can't be 'far far from home' and still be in the state. Hang tight. The letter will come in undue time. Patience is a virtue.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:24:25 AM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:29 AM »
Welcome , Thank you for your service ! I hope all goes well and your permit shows up sooner than expected .

Obs1546

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 03:28:38 AM »
Hello. There are definitely a few hoops in the process.  The upside is that it looks like you applied at a good time. I just got my permit and approval took 23 days. Some have gotten it even faster. Hopefully your application goes through in a similar length of time.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 12:06:05 PM »
Welcome and thank you for your service.

Not to pee in your cereal this morning, but you may also need your full notarized driving record from the PRNJ.
Since you've been here less than 5 years.  http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=4958.msg36396#msg36396
reply #10
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

airman1968

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
Welcome to Wire Paladin... Like you I am a Vietnam Vet and also a NJ transplant. The best Thing I've done was to leave that corrupt @@@ state. I did recently apply for my CCDW and received it after about 3 mos., but Radnor is correct that they are moving faster at this time and as was said previously you may need a abstract from NJ on your drivers license. I sent in a full abstract when I applied back in Nov. Keep us informed.
U.S. Air Force Vietnam Veteran
CCDW Delaware, CCW from Ut,Fl,Az,Ma.
NRA Life member
Life Member VFW
Life Member DAV

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »
WELCOME - SEMPER FI to you. Thank you for your service. I went through Parris Island in the summer of 1960. Yep I am an old fart also and proud of it. We apparently liked the same western show on TV. I also moved from the Peoples Republik of NJ 23 years ago. It appears that if you live in Sussex Co. your permit will come quicker. Just hand in there and again welcome to the site. There are a lot of very nice folks here. All the best to you.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Grettski

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
Welcome! Being an ORF myself I fully understand where you are coming from. The good news is they are getting the permits out much faster these days. The wife and I applied last year and waited 205 days. Someone posted the other day they got it in 22 days. So things are looking up.

And thank you for your service
USAF Retired