Author Topic: Ranges and weapons  (Read 3671 times)

airman1968

Ranges and weapons
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »
Is it policy @Shooters Choice, No loaded weapons at all in showroom? And is this common with all gun stores?
U.S. Air Force Vietnam Veteran
CCDW Delaware, CCW from Ut,Fl,Az,Ma.
NRA Life member
Life Member VFW
Life Member DAV

Tonym

Re: Ranges and weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »
The probably mean people bringing in weapons to show or try to sell or something like that, not your actual carry weapon. How would they know if you have one or not?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »
As mentioned, keep it concealed and don't worry about store policies, signage, etc. Only worry about the letter of the law (State and Federal policies).
The only exception would be your place of employment, as your job is at stake. No weapon policy where I work.
New Castle County

coolwrld

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »
I specifically asked Shooters about the policy through Facebook and here is the conversation

Shooters initial response
"Any one with a DE CCDW can carry concealed in the store as long as they don't take it out of the holster. As far as LEO, a prior manager here had the idea that I would be ok with people taking their carry gun out of the holster in the range...I was not ok with it for safety reasons. I ask everyone that shoots on the range to have their guns in a case and keep it cased when not in the booth, LEO included.  Hope that helps clear it up for you. Have a great weekend!"

I then asked the following
"so I'm not mistaken we cannot use the carry gun on the range even if we only take it out of the holster once?  I mean I know there is no drawing from the holster to shoot but if I take the gun out of the holster at the beginning of my time on the range shoot it without re-holstering everytime and only re-holster once before leaving the range is that allowed? I'm assuming not and if I want to practice with my carry gun I need to bring it in cased and not on my person?"

Shooters response
"Here's the thing.... we both know you're safe and have used a holster to carry every day BUT, there's the guy in the booth next to you that just got his CCDW and can't wait to walk into the range with no case and un-holster his gun in front of everyone because he just saw you do it....get where I'm going with this? So if you don't feel like un-holstering and unloading your carry gun before you come in to the store, I get that.  We all carry too. If you need a case because you just dropped in without plans of coming to shoot, just ask at the front counter for a case and we'll be happy to give you one to use."

So it definitely seems they have no problems with individuals concealing in the store as long as you don't un-holster in the store or to shoot on the range.  So in the end I just un-holstered in my car left my carry magazine loaded in the center console cased my carry gun went in and shot and re-loaded and re-holstered when I got back in my car.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 02:57:36 AM »
Target Shooting solutions will let you practice drawing and firing on their range.  You must inform them that is your intention and they will instruct you on where you can do this on the range.   One of the few ranges that does not care that you CC on the range they only ask you keep it holstered unless in the designated area and have informed them that you are wanting to practice drawing from concealment.  I have never enjoyed my time at either Target master or shooters choice always seems to be an attitude problem from one of the employees there.   I personally will never go back to either of those places.  TSS has way better lanes and the attitudes of the employees is always pleasant.   
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
TSS also evolves to meet the needs of their guests. Since they opened, they have changed their hours and other rules to better serve their customers.

When TSS opened, only slugs could be used with shotguns. I have a Saiga-12 with an ultra-tight fixed choke. It can't shoot slugs, so I couldn't shoot it there.
Last time we went to TSS, I said to one of the employees "It's a shame we're not allowed to shoot #00 Buck," and she replied, "You can! They just changed the rules to allow buckshot."

So now I can take the Saiga-12 to TSS, and I have no further need to go to Targetmaster.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:23:46 PM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Bobbysr

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »
 I personally will never go back to either of those places.  TSS has way better lanes and the attitudes of the employees is always pleasant.   
Totally agree. Last time at Shooters Choice I felt like I was going through TSA at the airport. Shooters Choice looks like someone's make shift basement range, compared to TSS.

robberbaron

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
I have never been to TSS, but plan on visiting soon. I belong to Targetmaster and I have rarely seen or had a problem with their staff. I find that if you follow the general rules, there is no attitude. I have been there when people act up and have to be corrected, but it is very rare. All in all a very pleasant place to shoot.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 12:44:34 PM »
I have never been to TSS, but plan on visiting soon. I belong to Targetmaster and I have rarely seen or had a problem with their staff. I find that if you follow the general rules, there is no attitude. I have been there when people act up and have to be corrected, but it is very rare. All in all a very pleasant place to shoot.

I must agree. We have never had a bad experience shooting or shopping at Targetmaster. Here's a good one:

In the frenzy after Sandy Hook, I ordered a M1A Scout Squad. Targetmaster quoted me $2000 and could not provide a delivery date. I left a deposit with that price indicated on the receipt.
When the rifle came in, I went to pick it up, and they only charged me $1600 because they had been able to get it at their regular cost.

They could have charged me the agreed-upon price and tripled or quadrupled their profit, but they didn't.

Of course, now that we know Chris, we don't need to buy firearms there... but honesty is honesty, and deserves to be called out.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
I bought my pistol from Shooter's Choice in Dover back when now Senator Dave Lawson was running the place. My experience was good. But since the current owners have been in charge the place sucks. I would not recommend it to anyone. I have no desire to go back there.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun