Author Topic: Black Arch Holsters (Formerly SHTF Gear)  (Read 4735 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Black Arch Holsters (Formerly SHTF Gear)
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »
Okay gang, just thought I'd share my experience here.  I purchased a Black Arch Ace-1 hybrid holster for the P30L that Chris got in for me.  The holster is of the leather and kydex hybrid variety.  Here's a few things about it, pricing is good at $59.00 with standard steel belt clips.  The holster is suede backed for a little extra comfort and it has a slightly abbreviated sweat shield (my personal preference as it allows for a better grasp on the gun when drawing).  The holster also has a slightly smaller footprint than other hybrid types holsters that I've got (a Galco, a DeSantis, and a Foxx).  Shipping is also pretty quick and that's one of the main reasons I selected the Black Arch.  Orders ship within a week, or you can do what I did and go through Amazon and they have a selection of holsters there that are quick ship options (mine was a quick ship). 

So I carried the P30L in it a couple days last week (it carries similarly to a P226, just lighter), and on the second day of wearing, when taking the holster off at the end of the day, the rear belt clip had come unfastened from the rest of the hardware.  A bit disappointing, but not a huge deal as there is no serious defect in the holster...just no thread locker on the hardware that attaches the belt clips.  I shot an e-mail to the company the next morning explaining the situation and within a couple of hours I received an e-mail response indicating that a new hardware set was on its way in the mail at no charge.  The hardware just turned up in today's batch of mail at my office.  Even though I was a little disappointed that the hardware came unfastened the way it did, I must say I'm highly impressed with this outfit and how they handled the situation.  After this experience I'll continue to use these guys for any future hybrid holster needs and don't hesitate to recommend them.  I'll just add a little blue Lock Tite to the threads on the screws to prevent the unfastening again.

All of the above in mind, I give the Black Arch Ace-1 high marks, but I still have a Blackpoint Tactical Mini Wing on order too for something that's just a little less bulky. 

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Black Arch Holsters (Formerly SHTF Gear)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:19:55 AM »
Thanks for the review. I always enjoy hearing about quality products , as well as company's that take care of their customers .

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »
Im on my second, I did a review of them on here when they first came out as SHTF holsters.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »
Just a quick update, this holster has been retired due to continuing issues with hardware.  The screws holding the kydex shell on keep backing out despite my having dabbed a little bit of blue Lock Tite on them.  I suspect this is because the screws don't really get down into the rivet that holds them due to the large rubber bushing.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »
Didn't they provide spare screws of varying lengths?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »
Didn't they provide spare screws of varying lengths?

The spares that came with mine were for the belt clips.  Nothing for the holster shell itself.   :-\