Author Topic: Purchase delay under new 25 day waiting period  (Read 10577 times)

rikwick

Re: Purchase delay under new 25 day waiting period
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »
I get delayed all the time (I have appealed it last July, still waiting) but I purchased an AR15 about 3 months ago at TrinTac and yes my ccdw exempted me from the 25 day wait. 

Bulldog021

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »
So I have to wonder, my 3 days passed and I picked up the pistol. I asked if the approval came and was told they had not heard anything yet so they are releasing based on that. This has never happened before and even though I get delayed, I do get the approval within the 3 day period. This leads me to think that what everyone was concerned about is actually happening. NICS is slowboating Delaware delays since they know they now have 25 days to get it done. This allows them to worry more about the other states with the standard delay.

Ok, I have now removed my tin foil conspiracy hat .....???
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

8thFA

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »
Wonder why the delay?  I've gotten every one of my NICS checks through in minutes.  Anyone else running into this?
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 12:47:14 AM »
Wonder why the delay?  I've gotten every one of my NICS checks through in minutes.  Anyone else running into this?
Could be such things as a common name, an old dismissed charge, lack of disposition posted to FBI on a charge.  I know a retired state trooper who gets delayed. There is a way to stop this but I means putting your name in an FBI list.  Problem with that is that you then authorize them to keep a record of your purchases which would be illegal under NICS. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 01:29:25 AM »
So I have to wonder, my 3 days passed and I picked up the pistol. I asked if the approval came and was told they had not heard anything yet so they are releasing based on that. This has never happened before and even though I get delayed, I do get the approval within the 3 day period. This leads me to think that what everyone was concerned about is actually happening. NICS is slowboating Delaware delays since they know they now have 25 days to get it done. This allows them to worry more about the other states with the standard delay.

Ok, I have now removed my tin foil conspiracy hat .....???

I doubt this is the case. NICS could care less what individual laws are. I have heard of others in your same situation as well. I think you can apply to be on a list so that this doesn't continue to happen. Someone else here may know the details.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »
You can apply for a UPIN. You can download a form called a NICS Voluntary Appeal File Application:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/vaf-form-25.pdf/view

I think that's what you need. :)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »
You can apply for a UPIN. You can download a form called a NICS Voluntary Appeal File Application:

an wait 2-3 years before they get to it

Bulldog021

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 05:06:21 PM »
I'll just keep the CCDW active and go with 3 and out. Last thing I want is to be on another list somewhere  :o
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »

an wait 2-3 years before they get to it

My neighbor applied for the UPIN on the advice of a local FFL. He's has been waiting awhile...
I had no idea it took that long. :o

I'm with you, Bulldog021. Thankfully, I have never had a problem with NICS.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

rikwick

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Last July I applied for the UPIN and within a few weeks got a letter that they received my application and that they were a year behind.  If anyone applies I think I remember you have to apply within the first 30 days of your delay and you also need the transaction number to put on the application (get it from the ffl). Also I had to send in fingerprints too. 

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
In the case of this new Delaware law it seems that CCW holders (and shotguns) would be exempt from the 25 day rule.

I can hear it now "oh my God!!! A Loophole"

A Loophole? You mean because if I get delayed during my NICS check, I can just turn around and grab a CCDW overnight thereby skirting the 25 day wait period?

ummm try like 3-6 months to get a ccw permit.
that would be correct...ccw holders are exempt...only have to wait till the brady transfer date or before
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

topper

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »
If a person buys a firearm out of state, waits the 3 days, and has it transferred to a FFL in state for pickup, would that be a "loop hole" to that law?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 10:55:10 PM »
If a person buys a firearm out of state, waits the 3 days, and has it transferred to a FFL in state for pickup, would that be a "loop hole" to that law?

The NICS check doesn't occur until you are picking up the firearm at your instate FFL. There is no check done at the out of state seller's location.

LostM

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »
Can confirm, no wait to buy unless background not done. Purchased special order Glock 43 online via website, tracking # provided from glock to dealer, picked up at dealer same day as delivery