Author Topic: State Trooper Shot  (Read 6826 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: State Trooper Shot
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
So sad for the Trooper and his family, friends and fellow workers.

I was talking to a friend of mine who happens to be a Chicago police office as is his wife. He couldn't believe this hadnt ended by 5PM the day of the shooting. Called it absurd that they didn't go in and end it instead of allowing it to progress throughout the entire night.

Gotta agree with him. Peacefulness ended the second he fired that first shot. So they wanted to negotiate.. That's fibe as well.. Until the first shot while trying to talk to him. At that point it should have ended.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 04:20:16 AM »
Stopped by troop 2 today and paid my respects.  They have his SUV parked by the front door.  Was nice to see so many people also stopping to pay their respects to this fallen officer. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

coolwrld

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »
I'm not posting this to be gruesome, but this is an example of what our minds can go through in decision making.

This is just a CCW witness discussing what he saw and his reactions at the Wawa store. No pictures of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpy85ir4wcY&app=desktop

I apologize to everyone. This video was shared with me and we both thought it to be truthful, but appears to have been a hoax and has been deleted.

Not sure if it is true or a hoax but when I watched the video the first time I kept track of the YouTube channel that made the video and just checked his channel and he has posted an update as to why he removed the video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0N14S03Kw

Take it for what its worth because as I mentioned I have not direct knowledge whether it is legitimate or a hoax.  In the video he indicates he took the video down out of respect for Trooper Ballard's family because he felt while he was trying to tell his story he realized that some of the details conveyed were pretty graphic.  Again no idea whether it is legitimate or not.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

coolwrld

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:08 PM »
As a follow-up if it is in fact a hoax it is truly sad that not only did he post the first video but he actually posted a second one trying to claim why it was removed.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

zajaczek83

• You'r a Crusader as well?
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »
Just the other day, i have donated couple $ at WAWA just fro the family to the Trooper.
God bless him and his family. He'll be in my prayers.
If You haven't donated yet, donate please. Thank you
Stay safe, stay aware and defend your freedom.
NRA MEMBER
DE CCW
ARMY Veteran - 101st Airborne A Comp - 21B

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 08:00:26 PM »
Our new Polish friend mentioned he donated at Wawa. They were matching donations up to $50K. Saw on the news a couple nights ago they upped it to $100K. I need to get there as well....
New Castle County

topper

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »

I was talking to a friend of mine who happens to be a Chicago police office as is his wife. He couldn't believe this hadnt ended by 5PM the day of the shooting. Called it absurd that they didn't go in and end it instead of allowing it to progress throughout the entire night.

Gotta agree with him. Peacefulness ended the second he fired that first shot. So they wanted to negotiate.. That's fibe as well.. Until the first shot while trying to talk to him. At that point it should have ended.

This maybe true, but considering no police officers were hurt or killed, I won't complain! I think this guy wanted the police to come in after him so he could kill more.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »

This maybe true, but considering no police officers were hurt or killed, I won't complain! I think this guy wanted the police to come in after him so he could kill more.

I think that is a good possibility, but still I would have thought that they would have moved faster to end the situation as soon as the first shots were fired.