Author Topic: CCW in Christiana Care Hospital  (Read 9577 times)

zajaczek83

• You'r a Crusader as well?
CCW in Christiana Care Hospital
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
Good morning everyone!
So, I currently work at Christiana Care Hospital and would like to inform about CCW indoor.
On the entrance doors, there are notification stickers regarding weapons being not allowed inside but that's mostly for the victims that open carry.

Now, CCH is a CCW friendly overall but our policy states that if; a RN(nurse), Dr., Clerk  notices a weapon on persons that person has to report to constables on permises. Mostly for everyone safety. 
You might be asked to return your firearm to your vehicle and return. Please don't panic and respect the constables. They are good guys.

Be safe, stay safe and defend those who give up their freefom.
Stay safe, stay aware and defend your freedom.
NRA MEMBER
DE CCW
ARMY Veteran - 101st Airborne A Comp - 21B

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: CCW in Christiana Care Hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »
Also worth mentioning that most of the ER entrances have metal detectors. I know the one in Middletown does, as I was there recently.
New Castle County

zajaczek83

• You'r a Crusader as well?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:10:57 PM »
Good look out Lumspond.
Yes, that is correct. ER entrance does have metal detector but this shouldn't be a deterrent.
Stay safe, stay aware and defend your freedom.
NRA MEMBER
DE CCW
ARMY Veteran - 101st Airborne A Comp - 21B

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »
Christiana ER has a metal detector and absolutely no weapons allowed.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

greymas

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 01:30:37 AM »
A.I. Dupont and Wilmington Hospital have metal detectors at ERs.

BugmanMD

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 04:33:45 AM »
Beebe does not have metal detectors, but they do have very large signs posted at entrances - "no weapons". 
I assume that this is just their own policy; i.e. it is not breaking any criminal law to ignore the signs, and as mentioned by zajaczek83, the worst that could happen is that they could ask you to leave if discovered.

Can you experts her confirm this, or am I mistaken? I don't mind carrying in any of those hospitals and being asked to leave, but don't want to spend the night in the klink. :(

6/12/17 -- Ok guys, confirmed that ignoring the signs is not a criminal offense.  Two friends who are police confirmed. One of my LEO friends even said that when off duty - they asked him to take his open carry gun out of the hospital -- that is totally wrong IMO, but that's what happened.  Wow - scary bunch of liberals running Beebe. Wait until one day when some looney tune starts shooting up the ER and no one, even the Beebe security, is armed and capable of intervening.  Scary thought.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:37:47 AM by BugmanMD »
NRA Life Member
Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »
Good information zajaczek83! Always good to hear from an insider.
New Castle County

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 02:21:58 PM »
Christiana ER has a metal detector and absolutely no weapons allowed.

Yes. they stop you when you set off the alarm.

BugmanMD

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 04:38:38 AM »
Good look out Lumspond.
Yes, that is correct. ER entrance does have metal detector but this shouldn't be a deterrent.

Hmm - what do you mean that should not be a deterrent ? I assume they ask you to leave, don't they?
NRA Life Member
Sussex County

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »
Good look out Lumspond.

Hmm - what do you mean that should not be a deterrent ? I assume they ask you to leave, don't they?

The gentleman at the door will actually ask if you are carrying any concealed weapons. They will not let you in if carrying.

ThePixelated

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »
I've been through the ER several times over the past few years carrying my keys in an aluminum KeyBar and never seen a metal detector or heard one go off. Might have been carrying my EDC knife too (I don't remember).

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 01:56:35 PM »
I've been through the ER several times over the past few years carrying my keys in an aluminum KeyBar and never seen a metal detector or heard one go off. Might have been carrying my EDC knife too (I don't remember).

It's very obvious now. Similar to an airport with armed individuals manning the post.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »
If you have a PA carry license you probably seen the "no weapons" signs at the entrances of the big hospitals in center city.  Only emergency entrances have magatrons. I don't know what PA policy is though.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

kc3fhh

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
Is it common for the hospitals to have lockboxes or safes if you are admitted from an ambulance / incapacitated?

I suppose the answer to this as far as the ambulance companies are concerned would vary.  ???