Author Topic: School Buses  (Read 3966 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
School Buses
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:21:41 PM »
Hey folks

Neighbor wanted some info on carry laws for schools here in Delaware and while going through 1457 noticed (c)(2) regarding school vehicles. I hadn't noticed it before and had thought we were NOT allowed to carry on a school bus. Since it includes "owned, operated, leased or rented by any public or private school" would this allow CCDW permit holders to carry on a school bus for class outings? Thoughts / Interpretations?

§ 1457 Possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone; class D, E, or F felony; class A or B misdemeanor.

(a) Any person who commits any of the offenses described in subsection (b) of this section, or any juvenile who possesses a firearm or other deadly weapon, and does so while in or on a "Safe School and Recreation Zone" shall be guilty of the crime of possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone.

(b) The underlying offenses in Title 11 shall be:

(1) Section 1442. — Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.
(CUT)

(c) For the purpose of this section, "Safe School and Recreation Zone" shall mean:

(1) Any building, structure, athletic field, sports stadium or real property owned, operated, leased or rented by any public or private school including, but not limited to, any kindergarten, elementary, secondary or vocational-technical school or any college or university, within 1,000 feet thereof; or

(2) Any motor vehicle owned, operated, leased or rented by any public or private school including, but not limited to, any kindergarten, elementary, secondary, or vocational-technical school or any college or university; or

AudiQ

Re: School Buses
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 02:10:07 PM »
Wow 5 days and 80 views with no comment. I have minimal knowledge of this topic but thought some of the more knowledgeable members would weigh in on this one.
Endeavor to persevere

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:41:47 PM »
The phrase "class outings" is too close an association to §1457 for me to consider carrying.  Even if that "gate" was cleared, it would still be up to the outing sponsor to agree. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

LostM

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 01:49:10 AM »
you can carry on the bus

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=4195.0
for some reason, I thought that school buses were still off limits but I can't find any law besides §1457. 18 USC 922 q2 doesn't mention buses.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.