Author Topic: Self Defense Insurance  (Read 3599 times)

Cutter

Self Defense Insurance
« on: May 24, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
I am considering insurance and would like any thoughts or recommendations.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cutter

Re: Self Defense Insurance
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »
Thanks Radnor...that's a lot to absorb.

coolwrld

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 03:24:08 AM »
For what its worth I have spoken with both CCWSafe and USCCA and they both state you can use their services in combination with each other if that's your thing.  CCWSafe is more of a pre-paid legal service (they provide the lawyer no need to search) while USCCA is more of a straight up insurance type of plan (they will help you find a lawyer but ultimately the lawyer selection is up to you they pay the cost).

I currently have CCWSafe solely but at some point I will probably add USCCA for the insurance aspect of coverage related to civil liability.
DE - CCDW Permit Holder
PA - N/R CCDW Permit Holder
NRA Life Member
New Castle County

Tonym

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:16:30 PM »
I seen the nra is advertising a version of insurance now too. Any opinions on them?

topper

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 09:14:05 PM »
For what its worth I have spoken with both CCWSafe and USCCA and they both state you can use their services in combination with each other if that's your thing.  CCWSafe is more of a pre-paid legal service (they provide the lawyer no need to search) while USCCA is more of a straight up insurance type of plan (they will help you find a lawyer but ultimately the lawyer selection is up to you they pay the cost).

I currently have CCWSafe solely but at some point I will probably add USCCA for the insurance aspect of coverage related to civil liability.

Actually, USCCA will have a lawyer lined up for you with in 24 hours, or you can pick a lawyer and they will pay.

I do have USCCA. They also have a great magazine, and good videos and articles on line.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

lems902

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 01:32:18 AM »
I have CCW Safe currently.  Interesting to considering adding USCCA as well though...  Hope it’s never needed, but I imagine if needed the more options and coverage you had the better you will be.
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

ChrisCar

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 02:16:33 AM »
I subscribe to USCCA's magazine, but for legal fees/protection I belong to the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network.  After weighing  pros and cons of several plans, they had the most of what I was looking for.  Check em out.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

hap_hazzard

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »

This is what the wife and I have:

http://www.secondcalldefense.org/

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 11:50:42 PM »
I have been with CCW SAFE for over two years and I have no complaints about them.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE