Author Topic: PA LTCF changes in Lancaster county (no more same day svc)  (Read 9701 times)

8thFA

Same day service up at the sheriff's office in Lancaster is ending on the first of June.

Bummer, and not sure how renewals will work now.

http://web.co.lancaster.pa.us/372/Firearms-Unit
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: PA LTCF changes in Lancaster county (no more same day svc)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »
Could see if bucks or Berks is still same day  (20 minute) service.

http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Sheriff/Pages/FirearmsSection.aspx
http://www.buckscounty.org/government/RowOfficers/Sheriff/WeaponsPermit

They have upto 45 days to process it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:16:25 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

8thFA

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 12:01:13 AM »
That's good to know, thankfully I have four more years left on mine so I don't have to worry about it for a while.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:50:22 AM »
My guess is that they were inundated. The fact that they still give them out without hassle is a blessing .

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
Perhaps they should should consider the mail-in option.  It seemed to worked well in Centre County.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »
As of 2011, mail-in ccw applications have been discontinued by state law.  You have to show up in person to get a license.  Also, there is a note on the Centre County Sheriff's website that the ccw check system will be down fron June 1 to June 4 for upgrades.  They expect to be beck in operation June 5.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 06:37:58 AM »
As of 2011, mail-in ccw applications have been discontinued by state law.  You have to show up in person to get a license.  Also, there is a note on the Centre County Sheriff's website that the ccw check system will be down fron June 1 to June 4 for upgrades.  They expect to be beck in operation June 5.
Yeah, that's why I included the "worked" term -- since it was something that wasn't broke, but they fixed it anyway.  My first PA permit was from driving to York, but then I found Denny Nau's crew -- and the process became much easier.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
Had a discussion with the clerk today as we were getting my sweetie's PA LTCF. She said that they're doing this policy just to make sure there are no glitches after the scheduled upgrade. She also said that she believes this is only temporary.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 10:59:56 PM »
Boy I hope she's right.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Sinker

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »
I ran up to Lancaster to get my PA non-resident CC permit last Friday (July 7), and thanks to all the great info here* it went without a hitch.  And despite signs advising the end of same-day service, I was in and out in 20 minutes, permit in hand.

*  I filled out my form in advance, but didn't sign it
*  I brought both me DE drivers' license and CCW permit
*  I left my cell phone in the car
*  I only paid for an hour of parking

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
hopefully just a temporary thing...Lancaster has done well with this service....

Just A Fella

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »
Thought I'd share this little story with the group:  On monday, 9-25, my wife and I made the trip to Lancaster to apply for our LTCF's. We were in the sheriff's office at 9 am and submitted our applications. In approximately 20 minutes my wifes app was approved and mine was placed in "research status" by the state of DE....HUH?? the explanation didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, honestly I wasn't completely listening as my ego may have felt a tad trampled on...LOL. On the way home we stopped by TSS to get some range time in. I didnt shoot very well, but my wife shot a little worse and I offered a few bits of help. (I wonder if she did that deliberately...hahaa)
I decided to call the sheriffs office this morning for a more thorough explanation. She said that all sorts of things could trigger a flag and she could only guess as to why the state would place my app in research, and while we were talking my approval came through. Great, now I can make another trip back to pick up my permit.  Then she said "In a little under 5 years you'll get a renewal notice...if the state of PA still honors your De license" IF??  She said every year the subject comes up whether or not PA will continue to grant permits to non residents, and of course they consider the policies of neighboring states. "Your home state does not allow non residents to carry...and well..we dont really need to talk about Maryland and New Jersey do we?"   Then the subject of national reciprocity came up...oh boy...I'm beginning to get the feeling that some folks dont like us out of staters walking into their office and trotting out with a license to carry a firearm....So here's my concern and question to the group: I hear a ton of talk about pushing for national reciprocity, but, even if it passes it's still up to each individual state to make their own decision, right? Would it be any more likely that we'd be able to carry in states such as NJ or MD?

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
With no knowledge, I believe that any carry permit will have to be honored by any state but, as with driver's licenses, the permit holder will have to obey the individual state's laws and regulations for concealed carry.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 01:34:48 AM »
With no knowledge, I believe that any carry permit will have to be honored by any state but, as with driver's licenses, the permit holder will have to obey the individual state's laws and regulations for concealed carry.
By my reading, @MarkB is correct.  In HR38, it states:
“(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that—
“(1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
“(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.

Also of interest, this may open up the C&D Canal.
“(2) A person possessing or carrying a concealed handgun in a State under subsection (a) may do so in any of the following areas in the State that are open to the public:.
“(D) Land administered and managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:24 PM »
So, has anybody been to Lancaster lately?
New Castle County