Author Topic: Moved from DE - don't want to lose my permit  (Read 9615 times)

siearly

Moved from DE - don't want to lose my permit
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
Hi all,

I've had an unrestricted Delaware carry permit for years and recently moved just over the line in PA.  I don't want to lose the right to carry concealed in Delaware.  I have a brother in DE and could use his address I suppose.  What do people recommend?

I also see in some threads where people are getting a non-resident permit in a state the Delaware recognizes.  I guess I could do that.  I just feel like I went through a lot to get my DE permit (both time and money) and don't want to lose it.

Advice?
======
Steve

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Moved from DE - don't want to lose my permit
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »
Using someones address could get you in to some trouble. I would look into either a FL or Utah permit to CYA
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
Sig's right, using a fake address would be a good way to get all tangled up. It would be difficult to come up with a story if you should have to produce your permit and follow it up with your drivers license from PA. Please do right by all of us and do it legally.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Hank

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
Hi all.
I think that Sig Is right, you must have a clean record If you got your DE. CCW, so why do you want to screw that up by telling a lie about your address??? Like they said get an out of state CCW from FL. and that will cover you.
Semper Fi all. Hank