Author Topic: Congressmen To protect themselves the heck with us citizens  (Read 1899 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
A self serving Republican congressman wants to allow he and his colleagues to carry but are sitting on carry reciprocity.  Good reason to throw them ALL out.

http://wiat.com/2017/06/19/rep-mo-brooks-to-introduce-bill-allowing-lawmakers-to-carry-guns-in-dc/

Boils my blood that they think their lives are worth more than ours and our families

Hey Brooks:   How about abiding by the constitution and ensuring that everybody has the right to defend themselves.  You should be ashamed!
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

topper

Re: Congressmen To protect themselves the heck with us citizens
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »
I tried to send an email, to Mo Brooks, but his website wouldn't let me, so I called his DC office at 5:40 in the evening. I expected a recording, but to my surprise a real person answered the phone. I let him know I was disappointed and confused that Mr Brooks would introduce a bill that applies to politicians, and not the "people". I also said that rather then submit a new bill, I would rather see him support HR 38. The young man said he couldn't answer for the congressman about why the new bill, but that he was a supporter of HR 38. I had a short but pleasant conversation with the young man, and he said he would pass on my concerns to Mr Brooks.

I don't know for sure if he'll get the message, or what good it will do, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW