Author Topic: Centralized CCDW In Delaware  (Read 3592 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Centralized CCDW In Delaware
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:10:24 PM »
Looks like some big changes in the ccw licensing procedure.  A cursory reading looks like it might speed up the process.  It almost looks like it is "shall issue" if the applicant meets criteria.  Big changes for instructors.

Limited Reciprocity for contiguous state residents. Looks like improvements in the reciprocity process.

Of course a hike in fees.

No more newspaper ads.

Interesting that commission members  must have CCDW license.

I see some pro gun sponsors so let's just wait and see.  Wow!  8,500+ background checks in 2016.  
http://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail?LegislationId=25958
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:31:34 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Centralized CCDW In Delaware
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:56:05 AM »
As regards to "shall issue" vs "may issue", there is a small ambiguity but "shall issue" is more likely.  One  paragraph in its legacy language states:
(a) An individual who is a citizen of the State of Delaware of full age and good moral citizenship and who is not a person prohibited as described in § 1448 of this title desiring to be licensed to carry a concealed deadly weapon for personal protection or the protection of the individual’s family, business, or property may be licensed to do so when the following conditions have been strictly complied with:
In a new paragraph, it states:
(b) The Executive Director shall conduct such inquiries and investigations as may be required by law to ensure that all applicants for a concealed carry license and concealed carry licensees are fully qualified to be and remain licensed under § 1441 of Title 11 and this chapter.
(c) Upon determining that an applicant is fully qualified for a concealed carry license, the Commission shall cause a concealed carry license to be sent to the licensee by mail.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:02:57 AM »
I am not a lawyer but looking this over a comma and the word "or" are missing on line 200 after " family" or the way it reads it will apply to family businesses.  The wording is correct a few lines down in the part about the reference letters.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »
I am not a lawyer but looking this over a comma and the word "or" are missing on line 200 after " family" or the way it reads it will apply to family businesses.  The wording is correct a few lines down in the part about the reference letters.
it would be worth sending an e-mail to one of the sponsors.  That mistake is hard for the writer to see in the fog of authoring.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 10:43:54 AM »
 Looks like the Utah Loophole could be closed:
...under this section and where those licenses or permits are issued by authority under a law of another state that affords a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in this State as evidenced by a statutorily required training requirement. Citizens of this State may not rely upon or use another state�s non-resident concealed carry license to carry a deadly weapon concealed within this State .
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »
it would be worth sending an e-mail to one of the sponsors.  That mistake is hard for the writer to see in the fog of authoring.

I emailed Dave Lawson

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
Looks like the Utah Loophole could be closed:
...under this section and where those licenses or permits are issued by authority under a law of another state that affords a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in this State as evidenced by a statutorily required training requirement. Citizens of this State may not rely upon or use another state�s non-resident concealed carry license to carry a deadly weapon concealed within this State .
The wording of the current law is a little unclear but the State has always interpreted to mean that Delaware residents could not carry on an out of state license