Author Topic: “Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center.”  (Read 6793 times)

topper

“Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center.”
« on: July 04, 2017, 02:57:10 AM »
I just read the following on handgunlaw.us. Does anyone know if DE or PA is supplying this info?

Notice: Maryland has a unit called, “Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center.” They have license plate reader cameras around the state that read license plates of vehicles. Some are connected to Criminal Background Check programs and Permit/License Holder lists from the different states that will supply them with that information. Do use caution when even driving through Maryland. They can know if you have a firearms permit/license without even stopping you. Other States most likely have a similar system.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USRVCarCarry-1.pdf

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: “Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center.”
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 05:26:42 AM »
I can find no creditable source that actually says that any such data base of conceal carry licencing exists let alone that it is connected with any other source.  Hopefully someone else will have better information on this. As long as you have the firearm and ammo stored by the federal law you should have no problem should you be stopped.  You do not have a duty to inform in MD unless asked.   
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »
I can find no creditable source that actually says that any such data base of conceal carry licencing exists let alone that it is connected with any other source.    
Well, as some jurisdictions tie the driving privilege card with the carry permit -- it's very possible.  It's very rare, but still possible.  That being said -- there's nothing really stopping them from connecting whatever databases that they want to connect.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:13:07 AM »
According to this article, Delaware still does not release names and info on permit holders per the Freedom of Information Act.:

Disclosure or Use of Information

Every law enforcement officer of the state and of any political subdivision must transmit to the Delaware State Bureau of Identification (SBI) the fingerprints, photographs and other data prescribed by SBI’s Director for all individuals applying for a permit to carry concealed deadly weapons.13 Records which disclose the identity or address of any person holding a permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon are not considered public records under Delaware’s Freedom of Information Act, and thus are not generally subject to public disclosure.14 All records relating to concealed deadly weapon permits shall be available to bona fide law-enforcement officers, however.15
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:45:02 AM »
Yes, Delaware has license scanners, but as far as I know, they only check for criminal warrants.  I doubt that CCDW info is even available.

BT
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »
From the DE AG website under Concealed Weapons Reciprocity
Law enforcement officials from other jurisdictions can verify Delaware CCDW permits by contacting the Delaware State Police Headquarters on a 24/7 basis via NLET.AM directed to DEDSP0000 or by calling 302-659-2341.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »
Yeah, I just don't go to Maryland if I can help it.  If I do go, I tend to leave the house sans gun because odds are I'll be staying down there a bit.

howiedodat

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 05:56:10 PM »
According to this article, Delaware still does not release names and info on permit holders per the Freedom of Information Act.:

Disclosure or Use of Information

Every law enforcement officer of the state and of any political subdivision must transmit to the Delaware State Bureau of Identification (SBI) the fingerprints, photographs and other data prescribed by SBI’s Director for all individuals applying for a permit to carry concealed deadly weapons.13 Records which disclose the identity or address of any person holding a permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon are not considered public records under Delaware’s Freedom of Information Act, and thus are not generally subject to public disclosure.14 All records relating to concealed deadly weapon permits shall be available to bona fide law-enforcement officers, however.15

Just had to point out that while the information on a DE permit holder is/may NOT considered a public record, in order to apply and receive said permit, that information must be broadcast via the local newspaper. So you have to tell everyone but no one can know..................

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 08:39:47 PM »
Just had to point out that while the information on a DE permit holder is/may NOT considered a public record, in order to apply and receive said permit, that information must be broadcast via the local newspaper. So you have to tell everyone but no one can know..................
however, if the newspaper doesn't post your notice to an internet archive, the physical evidence disappears when the birdcage is cleaned out or the fish is wrapped.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »
Is it just me?  Or has the federal government been sneaking up on each of us for some time now?  No doubt in my mind the feds have lists.  I'll bet it all that the last administration, and states like NY, have data that details most all gun ownership.  I wonder if we'll see a whistle blower drop a dime on this, or Wikileaks.

For some time now DOD wants to know which employees engage is high risk activities, such as hunting and gun ownership.  Is it me?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 04:35:39 AM »
Is it just me?  Or has the federal government been sneaking up on each of us for some time now?  No doubt in my mind the feds have lists. 

Well, since Delaware accidentally blew their own whistle when they denied that women from getting a firearm because she had never purchased one before -- based on their records -- we'd have to be total idiots to believe that they aren't keeping records from things like NICS checks, browsing histories, and whatever else they can figure out.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
Well, since Delaware accidentally blew their own whistle when they denied that women from getting a firearm because she had never purchased one before

That doesn't even sound right. The only thing to prevent her from buying a gun was the FFL check at the place of purchase. Must be more to this than meets the eye. What was the source of this statement. Was it in a newspaper, magazine, or on TV. As long as she was of legal age and no prior infractions, there is no reason she would be denied. "Because she had never purchased one before" is not a ligitement reason for denial. Something smells.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »
Well, since Delaware accidentally blew their own whistle when they denied that women from getting a firearm because she had never purchased one before

That doesn't even sound right. The only thing to prevent her from buying a gun was the FFL check at the place of purchase. Must be more to this than meets the eye. What was the source of this statement. Was it in a newspaper, magazine, or on TV. As long as she was of legal age and no prior infractions, there is no reason she would be denied. "Because she had never purchased one before" is not a ligitement reason for denial. Something smells.

I tend to make up a lot of things, mostly because of the excessive peyote usage -- but this was in TNJ several years ago.  I believe that it had a couple of articles associated with it, which fleshed-out a few of the sordid details.  I can't find anything with TNJ, but our friends to the north had the following (but I couldn't get TNJ's link to the article to actually work):

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=36537

I live in the State of Delaware. An 81-year old woman tried to buy a .22 pistol and was denied by the Delaware State Police. Her hang-up uncovered some unethical and illegal practices governing gun purchases by the Delaware State Police.

According to MacLeish [Delaware State Police Superintendent] , the transaction was halted over concerns "based upon age and gender."
As to whether age and gender are included in the state statute as legitimate reasons to reject a firearms purchase, MacLeish stated, "No, they are not."
That's not the only thing that prompted me to post this:

Lawson [Retired DSP] said Nefosky [Current DSP Firearms Approval Unit] told him he searched seven years of firearms transaction records to see if Vansickle [81-yr old] had ever bought a gun before.
In an interview with The News Journal, MacLeish claimed all paper firearms records are destroyed every 60 days.

The electronic records, however, are another story.

Lawson also knew the gun records should have been destroyed.

MacLeish would not allow Nefosky to be interviewed.
You can see the full article here:
http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...0280392/0/NEWS
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:54:38 PM by CorBon »

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »

I tend to make up a lot of things, mostly because of the excessive peyote usage -- but this was in TNJ several years ago.  I believe that it had a couple of articles associated with it, which fleshed-out a few of the sordid details.  I can't find anything with TNJ, but our friends to the north had the following (but I couldn't get TNJ's link to the article to actually work):

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=36537

I live in the State of Delaware. An 81-year old woman tried to buy a .22 pistol and was denied by the Delaware State Police. Her hang-up uncovered some unethical and illegal practices governing gun purchases by the Delaware State Police.

According to MacLeish [Delaware State Police Superintendent] , the transaction was halted over concerns "based upon age and gender."
As to whether age and gender are included in the state statute as legitimate reasons to reject a firearms purchase, MacLeish stated, "No, they are not."
That's not the only thing that prompted me to post this:

Lawson [Retired DSP] said Nefosky [Current DSP Firearms Approval Unit] told him he searched seven years of firearms transaction records to see if Vansickle [81-yr old] had ever bought a gun before.
In an interview with The News Journal, MacLeish claimed all paper firearms records are destroyed every 60 days.

The electronic records, however, are another story.

Lawson also knew the gun records should have been destroyed.

MacLeish would not allow Nefosky to be interviewed.
You can see the full article here:
http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...0280392/0/NEWS

The link to Delaware Online doesn't seem to work.

CorBon

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 08:23:21 PM »

The link to Delaware Online doesn't seem to work.

As stated in my post ...