Author Topic: PA permit  (Read 14300 times)

Larryness

PA permit
« on: July 23, 2017, 12:35:15 AM »
Two questions:
Which Sherrif office is easiest/ quickest? Lancaster, West Chester, or Media?

On the PA application it says to provide 2 references.  Does it matter which state they reside in?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: PA permit
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:50:22 AM »
Lancaster.  that is where I got my permit then headed to Shady Maple for dinner. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:53:40 AM »
I don't think they need references anymore. That's Lancaster, though. As long as you have your DE permit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:56:53 AM by lynch »
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:13:09 AM »
Chester County does not issue non-resident permits.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

davidmaciv

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
Lancaster County has the following listed on their website...

License to Carry Permit Changes​
​Effective June 1, 2017
​​On Thursday, June 1, 2017, the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office will no longer issue License to Carry Permits on the same day we receive the application.  You will be notified when approved and given 30 days to pick-up your License to Carry Permit.

Has anyone tried getting a permit after June 1st? 

It would take me only 30 mins to go to Media instead of an hour to Lancaster.  But would be willing to make the extra mileage if it was worth it.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
Look into Bucks or Berks. 
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sinker

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 01:00:48 PM »
Lancaster County has the following listed on their website...

License to Carry Permit Changes​
​Effective June 1, 2017
​​On Thursday, June 1, 2017, the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office will no longer issue License to Carry Permits on the same day we receive the application.  You will be notified when approved and given 30 days to pick-up your License to Carry Permit.

Has anyone tried getting a permit after June 1st? 

Yes, I went up to Lancaster a few weeks ago and got my PA non-resident permit in about 20 minutes.  I assume they reserve the right to implement the above policy if they have a real heavy day.  I would suggest a mid-week, mid-month day, maybe early in the day, to avoid crowds.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 03:14:14 PM »
Also found this on Lancaster county Issues:

http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/372/Firearms-Unit

Suggest calling Sheriff's office and asking about wait time, and make sure you tell them if you are from Delaware, before you make the trip up there.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Checkride71

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:49:40 PM »
I drove up to the Lancaster Sheriff's Office on Tuesday, August 1 to apply for the PA Non Resident CCW license. I was happy to find that they were able to accommodate me and I was able to obtain my license in only 20 minutes. I was told that despite their announcement that as of June 1st. they would no longer be able to issue same day licenses, they would, depending on workload, computers not being down, etc., try their best to issue licenses on the spot whenever possible. Tuesday was my lucky day. The staff there are a very pleasant and friendly bunch.  Of course, as has been suggested by many on this forum, my wife and I made the short trip over to the Shady Maple Smorgasbord and Farm Market. The food was outstanding. Had to return to our car in stages. A couple of rest stops in between, we were so full.  :D :D

Tonym

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 04:46:08 PM »
I just got my permit on wed from lancaster. In and out, took just a few minutes. I printed out the app and had it ready. Waiting for the lamination machine to warm up with the most time consuming part

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 09:04:11 PM »
I'm heading up to poconos soon. Lancaster is a bit out of the way but not impossible. Is anyone aware of another place in the pocono area that is good to deal with? That would same me some extra driving . It would also save me 5lb because there's no way I could skip shady maple if I have to go to Lancaster .

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
I'm heading up to poconos soon. Lancaster is a bit out of the way but not impossible. Is anyone aware of another place in the pocono area that is good to deal with? That would same me some extra driving . It would also save me 5lb because there's no way I could skip shady maple if I have to go to Lancaster .
http://www.co.berks.pa.us/dept/sheriff/pages/locationstoobtainfirearms.aspx
Berks County is nowhere near as much of a detour on way to Poconos as Lancaster and the Sheriff is very gun friendly.  Even sets up off hours and remote locations.

If you go there, let us know about your experience. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:17:16 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 12:43:12 AM »
Berks County is nowhere near as much of a detour on way to Poconos as Lancaster and the Sheriff is very gun friendly.  Even sets up off hours and remote locations.

thanks I will check it out .

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 12:28:44 PM »

I did Berks Co June 2013 at the Reading airport.  Great experience. 20 minutes.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Kilroy08

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 03:54:06 AM »
I spoke with one of the secretaries at Lancaster recently. They are usually still able to do same day permits. It just depends on the work load in the Sheriff's office.