Author Topic: New to State from PA - 5 References questions  (Read 6429 times)

Rossboy14

New to State from PA - 5 References questions
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »
Hey everyone, Ross here.  I currently have my PA LTCF, and my company just recently moved the family to the state (Sussex County).  With work, and kids, I do not exactly have time for a social life.  I am beginning the process of my DE CCDW, but am having a hard time coming up with 5 references.  So, that leads me to a couple of questions.

Is the "How long have you known this person" questions a factor in approval?

Is it waiver-able to use contacts out of my county (I know more guys in NCC and Kent)?

I just put in an application to Nanticoke Sportsmen's Club, so I am hoping to meet some people there that would be willing to vouch for a former paratrooper from the 82nd turned stormwater infrastructure manager.

Any info helps!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: New to State from PA - 5 References questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »
Welcome!

This will give you some info (BOTTOM) http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=7.0

References MUST be from the county you reside in.  The longer they know you the better.
If you have UT/AZ/FL and have NOT changed your drivers license to DE you could carry on them.
IF you changed you drivers license to DE you are SOL....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »
Welcome, and thank you for your service! Good luck on your CCDW, and ask many questions. Lot of friendly, smart people here.
New Castle County

Rossboy14

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Welcome!

References MUST be from the county you reside in.  The longer they know you the better.
If you have UT/AZ/FL and have NOT changed your drivers license to DE you could carry on them.

Wow!  Thanks for the info on the whole driving record thing.  One last hoop to jump through I guess.  I just changed over my DL to DE, so yeah I am SOL now. 

Rossboy14

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:01:51 PM »
Welcome, and thank you for your service! Good luck on your CCDW, and ask many questions. Lot of friendly, smart people here.

Thanks!

Rossboy14

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:06:47 PM »
Welcome!

Can you point to where that information is in the law?  I can obtain a driver record from the PA DMV online, but not sure about the whole notorized thing.  According to the July 2017 application instructions there is nothing on there..... http://courts.delaware.gov/Forms/Download.aspx?id=33278

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
If you are now a resident of Delaware, you should have you Driver's license changed to Delaware in 30 days. Delaware does not recognise a PA CCP as lawful in Delaware. Yes you have to have 5 residents of the county you live in as references on you application.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:52:51 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 03:07:46 AM »
Welcome!

Can you point to where that information is in the law?  I can obtain a driver record from the PA DMV online, but not sure about the whole notorized thing.  According to the July 2017 application instructions there is nothing on there..... http://courts.delaware.gov/Forms/Download.aspx?id=33278

No, it's not in the law.  It's BS they want over and above.  I can get you the investigators name/number if you wish (but you didnt get it from me....   ::))
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Rossboy14

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 04:33:16 AM »
Welcome!

No, it's not in the law.  It's BS they want over and above.  I can get you the investigators name/number if you wish (but you didnt get it from me....   ::))

Would not want to put you in any hot water.  I work enough the the state on the civil side to know they can be pretty upset if they have to deal with a civilian.  The irony in it all.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 11:35:39 AM »
PM in bound...

And in my opinion, it's their job!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:40:35 AM by Radnor »

ChrisCar

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »
I was in a similar situation when I first moved to Delaware from Jersey. I was told by the investigator unofficially that the references must know you for at least one year. None of mine had. Ultimately I had to make an application directly to the judge who made a ruling, and granted me the permit.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Wayne15464

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 02:13:43 AM »
Be glad you aren't doing it back when we had to have 5 registered voters, from YOUR voting district.

Had to go to Voter registration and have them confirm all 5, let me tell you that was NO fun (and I had 2 that were NOT registered voters, even though they thought they were, and 2 were not from my voting district, as I found out it divided 3 houses down from mine, right thru the development).

You kids have it EASY these days!  ;)